Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall 2013 reset starting at Target and Walmart too!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2013 reset starting at Target and Walmart too!

One of our members posted on our Facebook page a few minutes ago... at her Target, Cars are gone... Imaginext items are where the Cars section was.

I don't think Target is dropping Cars... I suspect the Fall Toys reset has started and they happened to move Imaginext before Cars...

Let us know what you find in your store... in addition to Target, I expect that Walmart will also be doing a Fall reset during August... other stores may as well...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
    One of our members posted on our Facebook page a few minutes ago... at her Target, Cars are gone... Imaginext items are where the Cars section was.

I don't think Target is dropping Cars... I suspect the Fall Toys reset has started and they happened to move Imaginext before Cars...

Let us know what you find in your store... in addition to Target, I expect that Walmart will also be doing a Fall reset during August... other stores may as well...
    So a Target opened up near me this July. It had a different layout than the normal Targets I've been visiting. (Hot Wheels on a different aisle, way more room for cars and planes) My first guess was that it was what I reset store would look like. Probably just did it early since they were bringing in all new product. Strangely they had case G remnants for Cars instead of the R that I've found everywhere else.

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
    Fred Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by toffman View Post
      ...Strangely they had case G remnants for Cars instead of the R that I've found everywhere else.
      I can't speak for Target specifically but I do know that many openings use inventory from other stores that closed or even stores trying to offload junk. So this could have been stale inventory from other stores would be my guess.

Comment

I stopped off at a Target this afternoon and there were several employees taking items off many of the shelves and putting them in carts. They hadn't gotten to the cars aisle yet, but I suspect more changes were coming.

Comment

So where does the existing product go during a reset? Is it sent off to a liquidator? Also, every store around me is only up to case G on cars, there is no H or R. So I cannot imagine any scenario in which we see H, R, J, K, and L in the next 2 months. It's possible we have seen our last cars for the 2013 Mattel year. I'm expecting tons of cases to be available on liquidation come November/December.

Comment

Usually for a reset product is loaded from shelves into carts and put in the back until they need it again... sometimes merchandise goes to consolidators (liquidators)... sometimes the old merchandise just shows up in another spot in the department.

A friend in Indianapolis confirmed that his Target started a reset today... I may go check one tonight (as well as TRU, Kmart, and Walmart).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Wal-Mart seemed ready for a reset. Many toys were marked down, and they haven't really got anything new recently.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

The Target I hit last night hadn't even started their reset yet. Most recent items they had were Mama B. 4 pack and Chauncy Fares 7 pack. Not even any sign that they had Case G.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I'm assuming this is related to the reset, my Target last night had a couple of microdrifter items deeply discounted...
                  6 car launcher for $2.99

Mac store and display 18 cars for $4.48

My kids are too young for microdrifters so I didn't get them...

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                    I stopped off at a Target this afternoon and there were several employees taking items off many of the shelves and putting them in carts. They hadn't gotten to the cars aisle yet, but I suspect more changes were coming.

Same thing was happening at my Target yesterday during the lunch hour.

And the toy manager at my Walmart told me she'd be resetting the toys in the August 11-14 range.

Comment

Originally posted by nicholas.alipaz View Post
                      I can't speak for Target specifically but I do know that many openings use inventory from other stores that closed or even stores trying to offload junk. So this could have been stale inventory from other stores would be my guess.

Not at Target -- they are allocated inventory months in advance, so the everything appears stale when they finally open their doors.

Comment

Just ran head on into the tear down of the Cars section at my local Target! Asked if I could take the Cars cardboard signs but the guy said they had to trash them! :-( I have a feeling they are gonna shrink the Cars section, this is the first time they have ever moved them and I do not think it is gonna bode well for us!!

Comment

Bummer, Scavenger.

I checked a Target store in Muncie last night... no sign of a reset yet... nothing but stale, stagnant inventory.

The same thing applied to the Toys R US, Kmart, Walmart, Carson's, and TJ Maxx stores I stopped at as well.

Comment

my target is still doing their rest
                            no cars on the shelves at this time

Comment

My Kmart reset but no new cars.

Comment

Working...
                              X