D23: Photos and more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
    Why would anyone need more than one set? I struggle to see the merit in "one to open and one to keep" but each to their own I guess, never seen the appeal to cardback collecting but I understand why they are collected but I digress.
    I have 2 young sons (age 4) and their cars are all opened and we play with them. My sons will get one Convoy set at xmas to open and play with. I also have my own adult collection that is sealed and only for me. I love cardback collecting and keeping everything in tact. So a second set I am getting will be put into my collection and kept sealed. So right there I have explained why many people need at least 2 sets - one for the kids, one for the adults. I also have a 3rd set that I will be using for trade to get more cars.

Comment

As I said PM, i understand that some people collect for themselves, as you have said. If my son was a little older, maybe he could get and play with a convoy bros set but at $150+ dollars (not including the shipping as Mattel sees fit to concentrate this particular set to the US only) its a lot for 4 little diecast toys.

Currently our family does not have such a disposable income to spend 300 odd pounds on a couple of diecasts. I understand some people do and good for them. It still doesnt explain why people felt the need to buy 10-50 of the sets, especially if they were not specifically getting sets for other people.

Like I said, purely my opinion.

Comment

I collect for my self. And my sons has over 100 cars open to play with, he only pulls them down once or twice a week so he is def not getting a convoy set. And I passed as I just don't want them.

Comment

Working...
        X