Mattel should finish what they start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattel should finish what they start

My late night browsing has brought up some slight anger in me cause I know Mattel hasn't done anymore Crew sets. I have, the King, HTB, Octain Gain sets and still need Nitroade and Bumper Save teams. But I wish they would just come out with all the racer's teams, they have the racers. Might as well make the race teams too, they'd be big sellers I'd think, N20 Cola never did get released did it? :/ http://www.takefiveaday.com/2010/06/...aint-the-pits/
    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

We've mentioned this in other threads on PCD...

Mattel did not finish Team sets (Hauler/Racer/Pitty), Team Crew sets (Crew Chief and 3 pittys), Haulers, Pit Row Race-off launchers, Mini Adventures Piston Cup Racers, Mini Adventures Haulers.

The only officially released Team Crew sets were:

HTB - Chick Hicks
    Dinoco - The King
    Leakless
    Octane Gain
    Nitroade
    Bumper Save

We saw prototypes of N2O Cola and Easy Idle on eBay - the sets were actually listed on Target.com for several weeks many years ago... I ordered them and asked to be notified when they were available for shipping... about 8 weeks later I received an e-mail that said they'd been canceled.

I'm not sure they would have been big sellers, but if they would have been made available to purchase online, say one new set every 4 to 6 weeks, I think many of us would have bought them

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Mattel is afraid if they finish anything you will feel that you've completed something. And then you might move on to another interest. Whereas if they give you a portion of the pit crews. And then move on to some Toons. And then on to some Super Chases. And never finish anything. We'll all be hanging around waiting for the rest. It's corporate manipulation pure & simple. In order to maintain the intrigue of the line. We're the horse, and Mattel's got the carrot tied to a stick. Try not to get mad, because they're not going to change the game on account of us the loyal collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
        Mattel is afraid if they finish anything you will feel that you've completed something. And then you might move on to another interest. Whereas if they give you a portion of the pit crews. And then move on to some Toons. And then on to some Super Chases. And never finish anything. We'll all be hanging around waiting for the rest. It's corporate manipulation pure & simple. In order to maintain the intrigue of the line. We're the horse, and Mattel's got the carrot tied to a stick. Try not to get mad, because they're not going to change the game on account of us the loyal collectors.
        But if they wait too long, more people will give up than stick around, which was pretty much exactly what happened. Too many people got fed up with Mattel's distribution and lack of product the past couple of years and decided it wasn't worth the wait.

Comment

And aside from the various new stock this year, which has been great, they STILL manage to screw up distribution and stocking consistency which frustrates even further

I'm kinda glad I've only been collecting for just shy of a year. If I'd been collecting for 7 years since the first movie, I'd likely be royally pissed by now.

Comment

There are new collectors entering the market that replace the old collectors that have given up, so all the same to them

Comment

This is exactly why I never started collecting the crew chiefs, pitties, or haulers. The only team haulers and pitties I have are Dinoco, HtB, and Rust-eze. No crew chiefs. I started the WGP crew chiefs and it looks like we might not get all those. I hate starting stuff that I can't finish.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Yeah, with the distribution thing, Mattel didn't send much Case G over here in Deleware. But I did find plenty of Case H, no RIP though.

Kenny
                Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Maybe my perception is incorrect, but I don't think Mattel cares about the collector's much... most of the time, their customers are the retailers and online resellers... when online resellers and retail stores don't purchase Cars (or other toys), Mattel will put items for sale on the shopmattel.com website... That's why we saw Kabuki Mater and Ivan Mater for sale on the Mattel site earlier this year when we could not find it in stores.

I've yet to see case H or newer anywhere in western Ohio or Indiana... I'm hoping that Mattel will send the new case with the 2 Super Chase Cars to JMDL Toys so I can buy it... if I have to rely on retail stores for Super Chase Cars I'm not going to see them.

And yes, I'd like to see Mattel finish product lines that they start... I mentioned a few of them in post #2 of this thread on August 10, and I still feel that same way.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

There's a lot of talk about 'online resellers' and I'd like to clarify what that means. When people hear that term they think of ebayers and people just selling out of their houses. Mattel does not sell directly to individual homes - even if you have a booming ebay business. In order to get product directly from Mattel you have to have a brick and mortar storefront or warehouse location - something that is a clear indicator you are a retail business and not just a Joe Shmoe working out of your basement. And you have to place big orders - thousands of dollars worth. Vendors like childrenstoycloset and JMDL both have the physical location and large order quantities to do this - hence they are able to order directly from Mattel. So when you hear that "Mattel is only selling case X to online resellers" it just means it's going to vendors like JMDL instead of Target. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                    X