Disney Parks Merchandise: Cars Playscapes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Parks Merchandise: Cars Playscapes

Just saw someone post this on T5 thought I'd share with the folks here.
    Looks like Disney Parks has some new merchandise called Playscapes created by Robert Olszewski.
    They look very nice and retail for $75 at the park stores. But unfortunately you do not get the Cars to go with it!
    $75 may be a little steep considering you do not get any Cars. What do you guys think? I really like the Piston Cup Stage!

They certainly would look great on the wall along side your Cars collection!

Here's the LINK to the full story on these

Those are nice... not sure they are $75 nice (plus tax and shipping)... I have a stage (cardboard) from the Dinoco 400 boxed set box that works for me - if only I'd remember to use it for photos... The Dinoco 400 stage does not have the areas off to the side.

As long as there are Cars to buy, I'll buy Cars... if we get another drought, I'd consider the stage... looking at the photo versus the stage from the Dinoco 400 boxed set, the Disney Parks version looks a lot nicer.

And I'd like the Tow Mater Junk Yard better if it were a little deeper and you could actually go into the tow shed.

Thanks for the heads up, Scavenger.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Maybe GotFrank can reproduce these and undercut Disney??

Agreed on the Junkyard, really like that stage though!!

And i could be wrong but does it look like these were made for 1:55 scale cars to you all too??

Comment

It seems pretty steep for something that the cars can't actually drive inside or interact too much with. I mean the cars can sit on it, but what else can they do? I don't get it! I present to you for your consideration the following dialog that I hope you guys may remember from a classic '80's movie.

JOSH: I don't get it.
        PAUL: What exactly don't you get?
        JOSH: It turns from a building into a robot, right?
        PAUL: Precisely.
        JOSH: Well, what's fun about that?
        PAUL: Well, if you had read your industry breakdown, you would see that our success in the action figure area has climbed from 27 percent to 45 percent in the last two years. There, that might help.
        JOSH: Oh.
        PAUL: Yes?
        JOSH: I still don't get it.
        PAUL: What?!
        MR. M: What don't you get Josh?
        JOSH: Well, there's a million robots that turn into something. And this is a building that turns into a robot. So what's so fun about playing with a building? That's not any fun!
        PAUL: This is a skyscraper.
        JOSH: Well, couldn't it be like a robot that turns into something like a bug or something?
        PAUL: A bug?
        JOSH: Yeah! Like a big prehistoric insect with maybe like giant claws that could pick up a car and crush it like that!

Comment

Great details but pricey!!

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Working...
          X