Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are good Cars cases and then there are...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are good Cars cases and then there are...

Cars case assortments and distribution often leave a lot to be desired... tentative cases are announced... some are released... others are not.

2012 Singles Case P was a great case.

2013 Singles case N looks to be a great case:

New Cars/first releases on 2013 cardback: 10
    Super Chase Takeshi - x1
    Super Chase Hiroaki - z1
    Rip Clutchgoneski - x2
    Maurice Wheelks - x1
    Nature Drive Lightning McQueen - x1
    Alex Carvill - x2
    Race Official Tom - x1
    Vern - x1

Repeats: 14
    J Curby Gremlin - x1
    Sputter Stop -x1
    Edwin Kranks - x1
    Darrell Cartrip with headset - x1
    Petey Pacer - x1
    Jonathon Wrenchworks - x1
    DJ with Flames - x1
    Erik Lanely - x1
    Lightning McQueen with Cone - x2
    Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels - x1
    Francesco Bernoulli - x1
    Brand New Mater - x1
    Race Team Mater -x1

Had I not already bought the 2 Super Chase Cars on eBay I would fully expect I'd buy the case... and I still may... but I don't need any of the 14 repeats, and thanks to trades I really only need the 2 Super Chase Cars. Race Official Tom, and Vern...

And then here is the new case Q that takes the place of some canceled and revised cases... According to a new post by Metroxing on TakeFiveADay:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2013/08/...ill-queue-for/

here are the contents of case Q: 8 of 24 are new or relatively new or in the case of RPM #64, first release on 2013 cardback:
    Alex Carvill - x2
    RPM #64 - x3
    Maurice Wheelks - x1
    Race Official Tom - x1
    Snot Rod with flames - x1

16 of 24 are repeats... and they aren't even popular repeats... Case Q is almost as bad as a 2011 case that included 6 each of Race Team Mater, Francesco Bernoulli, Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels, and Finn McMissile.
    Nitroade - x1
    Race Team Guido and Luigi - x2
    Max Schnell - x3
    Body Shop Ramone - x2
    Cruisin McQueen - x2
    Halloween Hank Murphy - x1
    Francesco Bernoulli - x2
    Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels -x2
    Race Team Mater - x1

I can see a few stores buying case Q if they get a price break from Mattel (say $2 per Car)... but I see very few Cars in case Q that I want or need... and I know I'm not the only one... Case Q is almost as bad as a 2011 case that included 6 each of Race Team Mater, Francesco Bernoulli, Lightning McQueen with Racing Wheels, and Finn McMissile.

In the meantime, we are still waiting for many announced 2013 Cars to appear.

Brent Mustangburger with headset
    Guido and Luigi with Shakers
    Boost with Flames
    Chase Ichigo

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some...

Here's hoping we see new Cars soon.
    Last edited by cac1959; 08-31-2013, 01:56 AM. Reason: Fixed math mistake

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

At least I won't have any trouble finding the RPM racer, which we need. Why couldn't they have just thrown the newer Luigi & Guido in there, instead of the Race Team version? Ugh...

Comment

Case Q seems to be the "let's clear out the warehouse guys of all the leftovers" case.

Comment

Something tells me that Luigi and Guido will actually turn out to be with Shaker and Glasses. But that's just me being optimistic.

Why couldn't this have had 2 Boosts w/ Flames in it? Or have an Ichigo in it? That would have been so much nicer, but since it's Mattel you're talking about, you know they'd get rid of the 2 Alex Carvills and the 1 Maurice in substitution instead of ALL THREE of the Max Schnells.

Its nice that Hank Halloween Murphy is back.. hasn't his only release been in Case A?

Comment

bad case! Next!
          My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

Well I still need Alex Carvill and Maurice Wheelks but other then that this case is pretty boring.
            "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Nothing will ever beat the LMQ, Francesco, Finn and Mater case...

Comment

Working...
              X