Some interesting finds in case R

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting finds in case R

Well I got a bunch of case R the other day and I opened several of them. Some things I found:

1) I only had one Yukio per case - so no mistakes by Mattel with multiple Yukios per case
    2) The majority of the ones I opened had 3 RIPs - not 2. The 3rd RIP replaced the Lightning Mcqueen - this was nice cause I was able to pull out the extra RIP and replace it with a pegwarmer Mcqueen which was supposed to be in the case. Nice little upgrade
    3) 2 of the cases had Marlon Clutches Mckay instead of Tubbs Pacer
    4) 1 case was a complete hodge-podge of leftovers but overall not a bad case.

Definitely worth inspecting each case. So far all of my N cases have been solid and as listed. Although the downside is that one or both superchases are packed on the end so a lot of the cardbacks for these have a bad corner.

That's interesting.. I wonder why Mattel has decided to start adding variety to Cases? Although they probably didn't mean to and this was just a mistake.

Rip Clutchgoneski is definitely a lot better than more McQueens.. the value of Rip on eBay has plummeted lately with all the Cases he's been in but he definitely doesn't linger on the shelves like Francesco and McQueen.

Thanks for sharing, PopeMobile! Are you buying these Cases straight from Mattel or getting them from a different reseller?

Comment

Hopefully someone doesn't get the reverse of the multiple Superchase mispack and gets a mispack full of Mcqueens (or other pegwarmers)

Comment

Cool stuff Pope! Hope you will find a case that full of Yukio :P
        We can dream don't we ? ..

Comment

Thanks for the info, PopeMobile... I've yet to see cases R or N in stores...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
            Thanks for sharing, PopeMobile! Are you buying these Cases straight from Mattel or getting them from a different reseller?
            different reseller. Have to have a much larger operation to buy direct from Mattel (i.e. have a storefront/warehouse)

Comment

thanks for the info!
              My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

I found a fresh Case R last week and instead of Yukio there was Hiroaki....which was okay.

Comment

Working...
                X