Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Count Mater

What happened to Count Mater?

Either he's coming, or Mattel has decided to not finish anything they start...
    Or will only release him in Papua New Guinea & Nepal.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
      Oh no - I don't have friends in either of those places!

There is still time for one more Deluxe case in the 2013 Mattel year... however, I could see Count Mater being pushed back to the 2014 Mattel year.

Mattel doesn't finish what they start? You're kidding... maybe not... Haulers... Launchers... Team Crew sets with crew chief and pittys... N2O Cola and Mood Springs Pitty... Cars2 WGP launchers... Moderfied Mater... it even has happened to Mater... we were counting on you Mattel, to release Count Mater.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Is waiter mater a deluxe too?

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
          I fairness, you missed out Antarctica, which is a whole other continent!

Comment

I believe count mater will come.. i have seen a few backdoor sellers having it

Comment

he will probably be sold only in the mattel store on the moon lol

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                Oh no - I don't have friends in either of those places!

There is still time for one more Deluxe case in the 2013 Mattel year... however, I could see Count Mater being pushed back to the 2014 Mattel year.

Mattel doesn't finish what they start? You're kidding... maybe not... Haulers... Launchers... Team Crew sets with crew chief and pittys... N2O Cola and Mood Springs Pitty... Cars2 WGP launchers... Moderfied Mater... it even has happened to Mater... we were counting on you Mattel, to release Count Mater.
                If Mattel truely did finish what they start we would of seen the rest of the pit crews, the crew chiefs, pitties, the iApple race car and probably others I'm forgetting, its very irritating when you think about it.
                "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
                  If Mattel truely did finish what they start we would of seen the rest of the pit crews, the crew chiefs, pitties, the iApple race car and probably others I'm forgetting, its very irritating when you think about it.
                  I once had a conversation with someone who knows a little about what is going on...
                  The answer i received was these line (hauler, pit crew and etc) is not as profitable and children doesn't want them...

Comment

Originally posted by wintermelon View Post
                    I once had a conversation with someone who knows a little about what is going on...
                    The answer i received was these line (hauler, pit crew and etc) is not as profitable and children doesn't want them...
                    well maybe they should reconsider over the money issue that not all of the collectors who are STILL buying the cars are NOT children.

Comment

In all honesty, in my opinion, Mattel started making the cars, so to completely "finish" the collection they'd have to make every single car from both movies. But in this day and age, money comes before completion. Shame.

Comment

In all honesty, in my opinion, Mattel started making the cars, so to completely "finish" the collection they'd have to make every single car from both movies. But in this day and age, money comes before completion. Shame.
                        In my opinion, a giant corporate like this won't care about anyone. They only have one group of people to please which is their shareholder and board of directors. They will never feel any pain unless they receive a worldwide / region boycott of their product. We know this will never ever going to happen ...

Actually, i had lost lots of flame (interest) on the line. Collecting and sourcing the cars i want is a pain. The most important thing nothing from the line is really that exciting. Sigh...

Comment

well maybe they should reconsider over the money issue that not all of the collectors who are STILL buying the cars are NOT children.
                          I hate to say it, but Mattel is doing the right thing if they wish to remain profitable. Parents making impulse purchases probably make up the vast majority of their customer base, and those parents are much more likely to pick up 3 or 4 Cars singles than they are a hauler for the same price. Special offerings like the Convoy Brothers at D23 will likely be the only way these items will ever see the light of day.

Comment

Working...
                          X