When is a case not a case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a case not a case?

Been busy the last several days with work and other activities outside of work... found out from a friend yesterday that there have been several reports of 2013 case N which is supposed to contain Super Chase Cars Hiroaki and Takeshi not having the Super Chase Cars... and in some instances, they were missing Nature Drive McQueen and Alex Carvill as well...

So what's happened to cause the mis-packed cases? Were the cases not packed properly at the factory - I suppose that's possible... Did someone at a distribution center open up some cases, pull out the good Cars to create their own super case? That seems more likely to me.

When retail stores order cases, they usually don't care what's in the case... to many of them, all Cars are the same... if you or I order a case, we usually order just 1 and order it because we're expecting a specific assortment... I didn't order a singles case N this time because I'd bought the Super Chase Cars on eBay... and PCD members helped me with the Nature Drive McQueen and Alex Carvill... I do have one coming from a friend... I fully expect to order the next 2013 Movie Moments case from JMDL Toys - it has many new 2 packs with new Cars that I need... I may order a Kmart 10 case - I don't expect stores to get in more than 1 master carton with 4 cases and I will probably only be able to stop at 6 stores the day of the event as several stores I've gone to in the past have been closed... as far as the next Deluxe case with Waiter Mater and Count Mater - it depends on the case contents... if there are 2 of each, I might... if there are only 1 of each like happened with 2013 Deluxe case A with Ivan Mater and Kabuki Mater, I won't.

I buy cases because they contain Cars that I want and it saves me time and gas... I don't want to miss out on Cars that I might not see otherwise... I buy and trade to get Cars from friends outside the US because I don't want to take a chance that they won't be released in the US.

For those of you who didn't get the Cars in your case N that you expected, I hope you're able to get things worked out satisfactorily.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

only 6 Kmarts??? only?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
      only 6 Kmarts??? only?
      I drive 200 miles and am usually gone 11 hours... It's definitely work... and 5 of the stores I used to stop at have closed.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Talked to friend on the phone as he was opening N @ Target.
        No re-tape, signs of tampering. No Super Chases in it. So the
        mis-packing\Super Chase grabbing is taking place where the
        cases are being assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          I drive 200 miles and am usually gone 11 hours... It's definitely work... and 5 of the stores I used to stop at have closed.
          How many cars do you usually end up buying? If this year is like last year, I will be the only one there with 4 cases. My plan would be to take home about 20-25. I might stop by a second KMart that day to see if I can get a few more Ruka.

Comment

The cars are likely stolen right on the factory line during packing. The missing super chases did not surprise me - anything worth money will continue to be pilfered right from the factory line. Mattel I'm sure is aware of it and just considers it 'leakage' and a part of doing business over there.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
              The cars are likely stolen right on the factory line during packing. The missing super chases did not surprise me - anything worth money will continue to be pilfered right from the factory line. Mattel I'm sure is aware of it and just considers it 'leakage' and a part of doing business over there.
              This is most likely what is happening. The first time the new super chases were reported was on this very forum and it was a carded Yukio if I remember correctly. I was surprised to see a seemingly 'backdoor' car carded. This was a few months ago so I'm sure it was acquired unofficially.
              With the previous super chases selling for big money on ebay, it would be an easy decision for people with access to these cars to take them. There has been an increases in backdoor sellers having carded cars for sale. Previously it used to be loose cars with imperfections.

Comment

I need to go back and look at the history on this case, but N with 2 super chases not only a change, but it was a late game change, right? I'm more prone to believe those cases were already packed with Hiroaki, only, and that repacking Takeshi into an already packed case was probably a clusterf. Especially given the 2 Takeshi super hauls that we know about. It was 20 of him just between the two that should have been somewhere else.

Comment

The market is also pretty flooded right now with superchases. Pricing has dropped to $25 per car and will go lower as more and more people list these.

Comment

Working...
                  X