This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McQueen riddle for all cars experts

The question : What makes this McQueen so special ? Why is this one so hard to come by ?

I am curious how long it will last until the right answer is posted. You need your one eye Mater look to find the detail that makes the difference. So look sharp and post the correct answer.

Here are the pics :

good luck

Seems like there is a gray dot above the rear left tire that should be red...missing gas cap?

Comment

rusteze stickers missing wing back? (aileron)
      Last edited by lavictdoukarai; 09-16-2013, 11:51 AM.
      My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

It has some thing to do with the 2-piece front. I can't remember what it came in. I think it was a play set like a mountain down hill or something like that.

Comment

Micky is on the right track, but where can this McQueen be found ?

McQueen is a real diecast 1:55 scale model, not a cheap plastic version.

Comment

I bought the play set when it came out. That was back in Cars 1. I bought it for the McQueen because at the time (if I remember correctly) it was the first and only 2-piece McQueen.

McQueen Bottom.jpg

McQueen.jpg

I think this is the same as yours. If not, I will go through my McQueens to see if I have one with the same # as yours.

Comment

which playset Micky ? But your McQueen is looking good. This McQueen was only released with this special play set, so most of those McQueens are fish and chips cars on the secondary market. To get a mint one is pretty hard and expensive.
              For a variant addict a must have.

Comment

OK I need help. Give me a hint. Was it the Willy's Butte set? I know there was also a Dirt Track McQueen (before it came out as a single) that came in a play set, which I bought for the Car. So I'm getting the two play sets mixed up in my memory. BTW my McQueen is minty. Been displayed in my McQueen collection display box since I got it.

Comment

Great question, keonisdad... I don't think I have that McQueen... but I am OK with that... I think

I have (or did have) the Radiator Springs Mountain Challenge playset with Dirt Track McQueen that Micky mentioned... as Micky said, it contained a Dirt Track McQueen...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I'm going through my photos. I found this photo of an old play set. Have no idea if this is the right one.

Cars Playset1.jpg

Cars Playset2.jpg

There is another play set I remember but I can't find a photo if it.
                    Now that I'm taking a better look at the McQueen on the box, I don't think this is it.

Comment

The 2-piece Mcqueen is ONLY found in the "Lightning Fast Speedway" set. Although it may be considered hard to find it doesn't have much demand in the collector market and therefore value of it is about the same as a regular pegwarmer Mcqueen. But those looking for this specific piece can find it in this set.

Comment

And now we know... many thanks for the answer, Popemobile... and thanks for the question, keonisdad...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                          The 2-piece Mcqueen is ONLY found in the "Lightning Fast Speedway" set. Although it may be considered hard to find it doesn't have much demand in the collector market and therefore value of it is about the same as a regular pegwarmer Mcqueen. But those looking for this specific piece can find it in this set.
                          if you can get this 2 part McQueen for the same value as a regular McQueen, plmk i will gladly buy another one. These Lightning Fast Speedway playsets (new in box) are pretty expensive right now, so i can`t copy your value theory (try to buy one on the secondary market and you will see that your theoretical value is completely wrong). For the collectors who wants to have them all (variants) this McQueen is very hard to get and expensive if you want to buy a complete and new Lightning Fast Speedway set.
                          Last edited by keonisdad; 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

here is my LFS set (photo was taken by carslover)

the retail price was $ 19,99, but that was a long time ago.

Comment

Mine\ours was repurposed into a (mostly) metal Tractor Tippin' McQueen custom.

Any playset that involves chipping up Cars was banished to Grandma & Grandpa's house a long time ago. Along with some sacrificial Cars of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X