Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dad gum GotFrank, your custom cars are amazing. This is not the same McQueen (your is the one with the Rusteze logo on the tail fin, if the decal wasn`t attached afterwards), but it´s a fantastic mix of the Tractor Tippin plastic McQueen (the mouth) and a regular two part McQueen though. I like it.

Comment

Yep Rust-eze decal was added. As were the tar spots. Also had to fix the head lights and color match the paint on the plastic front piece from the Tractor Tippin' McQ that came with that set. And thanks!

Comment

I see 3 new ones on eBay for Buy It Now... the price ranges from $100 to $217... at that price I won't be adding it to my collection.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

not that bad for a car with the value of a regular pegwarmer

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
            not that bad for a car with the value of a regular pegwarmer
            You didn't list the set in your original post here - you listed just the car which yes I would value as a pegwarmer. The price of the pegwarmer car with the set together does NOT sell for $100 - $217 dollars. Those are asking prices. The selling prices for the entire set have been:

$16.99 - sold 9/3/13 (yep - just 13 days ago)
            $21.25 - sold 7/12/13
            $33.00 - sold 7/9/13

Still think you're holding the winning lottery ticket? Guess again.

Comment

Pope is right..Rare yes, Valuable no. The first does not imply the second, and vice versa.

Comment

[QUOTE=PopeMobile;31629]You didn't list the set in your original post here - you listed just the car which yes I would value as a pegwarmer. The price of the pegwarmer car with the set together does NOT sell for $100 - $217 dollars. Those are asking prices. The selling prices for the entire set have been:

$16.99 - sold 9/3/13 (yep - just 13 days ago)
                $21.25 - sold 7/12/13
                $33.00 - sold 7/9/13

Still think you're holding the winning lottery ticket? Guess again.

Maybe it is easier for you, if i will explain it.

I see it from the view of a collector, you see it from the view of a reseller, that's a huge difference. I collect cars for the joy of it, you buy cars to make some money and you are just looking for the value. I don't care if this McQueen has a big value or not, i don't buy it because i want to make some profit on ebay. It is for my collection and i will keep it. So holding the winning lottery ticket is not my intention (and i never mentioned that before) believe it or not. But one thing is for sure, you can't buy this McQueen for the price of a regular LMQ. That's a fact. But anyhow, keep on looking for a good investment and make some dollars, i will enjoy my collection without the thought of it's value. I just care how much it will cost me when i am going to buy it. Each to their own, it's just that easy. You are not the one who decides about the true value of each and every car (only for your own), it's the law of supply and demand.

Comment

Originally posted by maxgc53 View Post
                  Pope is right..Rare yes, Valuable no. The first does not imply the second, and vice versa.
                  Thank you for the clarification , but valuable (maybe not, but that is not important to me) is not the point, is it available for price of a pegwarmer ? of course it is not and that's the vital point. This car has no value for a kid, or the average collector who collects one of each character (and i don't mean this disparaging at all), but for people who are looking for this specific car in a mint condition, you won't find it that easy and for sure not for one or two dollar. That's all, hopefully you will understand. You don't have to agree, but make a self-attempt and try to buy this version and you will see what i am talking about. I have tried to get this car in a mint condition for more than six months, but if you don't want to buy the complete mint in the box set, puuh it's like finding the needle in a haystack.

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
                    Thank you for the clarification , but valuable (maybe not, but that is not important to me) is not the point, is it available for price of a pegwarmer ? of course it is not and that's the vital point. This car has no value for a kid, or the average collector who collects one of each character (and i don't mean this disparaging at all), but for people who are looking for this specific car in a mint condition, you won't find it that easy and for sure not for one or two dollar. That's all, hopefully you will understand. You don't have to agree, but make a self-attempt and try to buy this version and you will see what i am talking about. I have tried to get this car in a mint condition for more than six months, but if you don't want to buy the complete mint in the box set, puuh it's like finding the needle in a haystack.
                    The value for the car comes with the plastic playset. On its own, If I were to list it at .99 starting bid, I doubt it would sell for more than 2.00. Just because it came in a older playset and is a 2-piece front, Doesn't mean it will be worth more.

Throw it up on ebay with a high reserve and see what it fetches.

Comment

it is obvious that some of the "collectors" on this site are only interested in cars for how much profit they can make by selling them
                      this was stared by saying the car was special and hard to come by in mint condition and how high the price of it was on ebay
                      not that you could sell it on ebay and retire from the vast wealth it would bring
                      a true collector is only interested in what it will cost to acquire said car because he wants it in his collection
                      all this bs about a set value is ridiculous, any car is worth whatever someone else will give you for it period
                      I don't know why simple things have to turn into pissing contests with some of the "collector"s here

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                        it is obvious that some of the "collectors" on this site are only interested in cars for how much profit they can make by selling them
                        this was stared by saying the car was special and hard to come by in mint condition and how high the price of it was on ebay
                        not that you could sell it on ebay and retire from the vast wealth it would bring
                        a true collector is only interested in what it will cost to acquire said car because he wants it in his collection
                        all this bs about a set value is ridiculous, any car is worth whatever someone else will give you for it period
                        I don't know why simple things have to turn into pissing contests with some of the "collector"s here
                        Actually, I believe the OP told us how much this McQueen was worth with its packaging.

Don't judge either or Pope's or my collecting motives. If we didn't love collecting cars we wouldn't be here. If I was collecting for the money I'd have bought 100 or more convoy brothers sets last month at the disney expo.

Just stating the truth in regards to the 2 pc. McQueen versus a pegwarming mcqueen.

Comment

Actually, I believe the OP told us how much this McQueen was worth with its packaging.

Don't judge either or Pope's or my collecting motives. If we didn't love collecting cars we wouldn't be here. If I was collecting for the money I'd have bought 100 or more convoy brothers sets last month at the disney expo.

Just stating the truth in regards to the 2 pc. McQueen versus a pegwarming mcqueen.
                          yes i'm sure your motives are pure since all you have been talking about is the value or lack thereof of this car

Comment

Originally posted by Micky View Post
                            I'm going through my photos. I found this photo of an old play set. Have no idea if this is the right one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3090[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3091[/ATTACH]

There is another play set I remember but I can't find a photo if it.
                            Now that I'm taking a better look at the McQueen on the box, I don't think this is it.

Those vehicles are plastic, Micky.

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                              yes i'm sure your motives are pure since all you have been talking about is the value or lack thereof of this car
                              Just replying to OP's statement on the value of the car.

Comment

The value for the car comes with the plastic playset. On its own, If I were to list it at .99 starting bid, I doubt it would sell for more than 2.00. Just because it came in a older playset and is a 2-piece front, Doesn't mean it will be worth more.

Throw it up on ebay with a high reserve and see what it fetches.
                                Try to buy one for 2 Dollar on ebay and let me know when you got it.

Your and pope's view = how much will i get for this car ? = no big value

My view = how much do i have to pay for it, if i want to buy it. = valuable

It takes me more than 6 months to get this 2 piece McQueen and i had to buy a complete set to get a mint car.
                                So for me it is valuable and nothing else matters. I have no intention to sell it, so the aspect of a high selling price is not important to me. Call it sentimental value and i am fine with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X