This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
    Maybe it is easier for you, if i will explain it.

I see it from the view of a collector, you see it from the view of a reseller, that's a huge difference. I collect cars for the joy of it, you buy cars to make some money and you are just looking for the value. I don't care if this McQueen has a big value or not, i don't buy it because i want to make some profit on ebay. It is for my collection and i will keep it. So holding the winning lottery ticket is not my intention (and i never mentioned that before) believe it or not. But one thing is for sure, you can't buy this McQueen for the price of a regular LMQ. That's a fact. But anyhow, keep on looking for a good investment and make some dollars, i will enjoy my collection without the thought of it's value. I just care how much it will cost me when i am going to buy it. Each to their own, it's just that easy. You are not the one who decides about the true value of each and every car (only for your own), it's the law of supply and demand.
    Now you're changing the story. You were stating this was worth between $100-$217 and I handed you hard facts showing what it was selling for - including one that sold for $16.99 just 13 days ago. That $16.99 is actually LESS than the original price it sold for when it was released at $19.99 years ago. If it makes you happy to collect it then so be it. But just because you are upset this wasn't worth all the tons of dollars you thought it was there is no reason to attack others here.

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
      it is obvious that some of the "collectors" on this site are only interested in cars for how much profit they can make by selling them
      this was stared by saying the car was special and hard to come by in mint condition and how high the price of it was on ebay
      not that you could sell it on ebay and retire from the vast wealth it would bring
      a true collector is only interested in what it will cost to acquire said car because he wants it in his collection
      all this bs about a set value is ridiculous, any car is worth whatever someone else will give you for it period
      I don't know why simple things have to turn into pissing contests with some of the "collector"s here
      ....and those high prices on ebay were refuted by showing you those are just asking prices and these sets are NOT selling for $100-$217 - but rather $16.99 as of 13 days ago. If you want to spend $100-$217 for this set because you want it for your collection then do so. I would much rather wait for one to go to bid and get it for $16.99 or less. The OP is only upset cause he thought this was worth a fortune and I handed him facts showing it was nothing more than a pegwarmer wrapped in a cute set.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
        Now you're changing the story. You were stating this was worth between $100-$217 and I handed you hard facts showing what it was selling for - including one that sold for $16.99 just 13 days ago. That $16.99 is actually LESS than the original price it sold for when it was released at $19.99 years ago. If it makes you happy to collect it then so be it. But just because you are upset this wasn't worth all the tons of dollars you thought it was there is no reason to attack others here.

I am not sure if you don`t want to get the point, but if you did your research with more precision then you would have noticed that i never talked about the outright value and i never mentioned a specific amount of money for this car (that was Chris, fyi).

My question was : what makes this McQueen so special and why is this one so hard to come by ? I never mentioned that i have found a car of an incredible high value, i just said that it was pretty expensive (for a regular McQueen, because i had to buy the whole set). The second point : the set that was sold for $ 16.99 was a USED set, not a NEW and MINT one. I bet you know the difference between a used (paint) chiped car and a new and mint car. I never mentioned that i think that my McQueen is worth a ton of dollars, so i don´t know why do you post such a comment. If you don`t want to share my joy that i have found a special car (special for me), please don`t try to proselytize me with your value theory. Take your time and read what i have said and you will see that you are barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
          I am not sure if you don`t want to get the point, but if you did your research with more precision then you would have noticed that i never talked about the outright value and i never mentioned a specific amount of money for this car (that was Chris, fyi).

My question was : what makes this McQueen so special and why is this one so hard to come by ? I never mentioned that i have found a car of an incredible high value, i just said that it was pretty expensive (for a regular McQueen, because i had to buy the whole set). The second point : the set that was sold for $ 16.99 was a USED set, not a NEW and MINT one. I bet you know the difference between a used (paint) chiped car and a new and mint car. I never mentioned that i think that my McQueen is worth a ton of dollars, so i don´t know why do you post such a comment. If you don`t want to share my joy that i have found a special car (special for me), please don`t try to proselytize me with your value theory. Take your time and read what i have said and you will see that you are barking up the wrong tree.
          You certainly have talked about value in this thread. Let's take a look at your quotes:

"These Lightning Fast Speedway playsets (new in box) are pretty expensive right now..."(post #13)

And then in response to a post listing the asking prices for this set to be $100-$217 right now on ebay you responded with "Not that bad for a car with the value of a regular pegwarmer" (post #19). Clearly you were using those numbers to justify that this set you had was worth a lot of money. And when I handed you FACTS showing this set was not worth much you freaked out for reigning on your little parade.

I gave you 3 instances on which this set has sold for recently - all very cheap. Let's look at them again:
          $16.99 - sold 9/3/13 (yep - just 13 days ago)
          $21.25 - sold 7/12/13
          $33.00 - sold 7/9/13

You now point out that the one that sold for 13 days ago was used. Fine, the new ones sold for $21.25 and $33.00. Nowhere near the $100-$217 you are all giddy about seeing on ebay right now.

Collect what you want but the only reason you are upset is because your little treasure that you found so valuable is not.

Comment

I'm going to close this topic...

The original riddle, which playset did this McQueen come from, has been answered for us - The Lightning Fast Speedway set... not many of us have it... those who don't but want it will have to shop carefully to avoid paying more for it than we need to.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Well that didn't take long...

Comment

Working...
              X