Cars2 prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars2 prices

Guys how do you feel about the way the Cars2 are priced.

I'm finding myself priced out of the Market on 90% of what's out there..

Movie Moments.. Too dear only bought one as my son wanted it

Launchers.. Excessively over priced not bought one

Box sets.. Full of repeats and only one car that you want just a blatant rip off

Deluxe.. Half of them are rip offs.. Small added bits of plastic like Holley with wings are not work doubling the price.. The Bus is probably the only one worth the money.

Don't even get me started on color changers and the lights and sounds

I've pretty much now become a casual collector now and pretty much have stuck to just one of each single (I used to buy two or three) can't justify anything else. (I struggle to justify £4.50 for a single anyway)

It's starting to loose my interest as well, I feel like Cars 2 merchandise may be a bit of a fail and it's because of the greed of companies like mattel

I see where you're coming from on the prices, Rippers... when it's less money for you (and others) to have someone from the US buy them for you and ship them to you, there's a problem.

I'll add more comments later - heading to a meeting now... but Mattel and many retailers are just too dadgum greedy... $30 for a 7 pack with 1 new exclusive Cars?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

You got right there Rippers, I'm almost priced out too.... Thanks to Chris who has picked up some of the selection that I've choose to collect, which consists off The Racers, The Ramones and The Exclusives....(not any box sets) I already have the main characters and the villains and thats it, though i'm sure this time next year I'll have completely ignored my own rules...

Comment

hand on heart I reckon we all knew this would happen eventually, from what I can see there aint much of it selling, I noticed quite a few holes in the lego displays in tru, but I reckon the boys have been up and knicked them, cos there aint any movements on the diecasts
        Ican see the prices falling after release date

Comment

The first real Cars2 sales in the US have been this week - movie premier week... I think you'll see that in the UK as well... at least I hope so...

I'm glad to help out as much as I can, but there have just been so many new releases that it's very expensive... and a trend I'm seeing is that some of the stores did a poor job of ordering product... 20 cases B case singles as opposed to 5 cases each of A - E... 10 cases of case A launchers and Deluxe... Other than finding Kmart 6 Cars out early at the local Kmart, I've bought 2 Cars items (Pit Crew Mater and Collect and Connect Puzzles) in the county in the last month... and I think it's only going to get worse... 1 of my 4 local (county) stores, Kohl's, has already cut down the Cars2 section to 6 pegs and 1 shelf and the movie isn't even out yet.

Singles - too many Finn, Mater, McQueen, and Francesco... at some stores, Miles Axelrod and Petrov Trunkov are pegwarmers.
          Deluxe - in my opinion, the Double Decker Bus, Kingpin Nobunaga, and Red are the only ones that are truly Deluxe size.
          2 packs - have been a good deal for the most part other than the fact that there are too many with Pit Crew Mater, Finn McMissile, Lightning McQueen (and too many McQueens)... too many singles repeats... even the Walmart exclusives have one pegwarmer Car in with the one new Car.
          3 packs - considering there are no new Cars in them, they are too much money... Period.
          Launchers - too many McQueen, Max, Nigel... Kmart has these for $7.99 during the sale but they are basically case B (3 McQueen, 2 Max, 1 Nigel). I got one each of Lewis and Miguel in Indy on Monday at $11.99 each.

Target 4 packs - way too high at $18.99 but I have purchased one of each so far (2 of the 4 pack with the blue Mini Cooper)
          Target 7 packs - a joke at $29.99... I love the Italian fan (Frank) but can't justify paying $30 plus tax for that 1 Car.
          TRU 5 packs - a good value at $15.99... Way overpriced at $22.99... on sale this week at $17.99 which is also a decent deal... but there are way too many repeats.
          Color Changers - I've not bought any, even for my good UK friend who collected them during Cars

Lights and Sounds - a good deal at $7.99 (Walmart)... way too expensive at $10.99 (Toys R Us) - I have one of each and like them... and have 2 Spy Mater (Walmart exclusive) and have a second Spy Finn coming... perhaps I should have just bought them and not the singles.

GeoTrax - I've bought 4 of the sets so far... I still want the Big Bentley set and the actual $60 big set... My grandchildren enjoy playing with the GeoTrax... but they like to leave the track they've built set up and my wife wants them to put them away every night.

Race N Charge set - definitely overpriced at $49.99 with the racers being $9.99... this is my one regret purchase so far... I bought the race set, the extra 4 racers, an extra charger, and loads of D batteries.

Large Lights and Sounds - overpriced at $21.99

Siddeley the Jet and Stephenson the Spy Train - $21.99 each is a little high - but my grandchildren really like playing with these.

I've not yet bought the 10 launcher carrying case, any of the single playsets, any of the Spy Shifters, Gear Up and Go, etc... I'll probably buy the TRU 10 pack and the TRU 40 Car display case when they come out.

I probably have all but 3 of the released Cars 2 diecasts so far - multiples of many of them... there's so much coming out that I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and can see myself cutting way back... I don't know how much I've spent on Cars for myself... and I don't want to know... but I have to start spending less... I need to buy another Carney Plastics SA-100 display case for my Cars2 singles... It may be a situation where I buy it and then stop when it's filled...

I think due to the popularity of the original Cars products, more retailers wanted a piece of that pie... and due to saturating the market, when they don't get it, they're going to move on to the next big seller... I don't see Cars2 having the staying power that Cars from the original movie had...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I been able to do pretty good keeping the doubles to a minimum. Haven't opened anything yet until one of the playsets last night. So as new four packs and two packs have been released I was able to return singles and a launcher that I didn't need. Right now I only have a double of McQueen from having two different 4 packs. Don't see anyway around that one so, my son will have an extra McQueen to take with him to day care. Race Team Mater and Acer will be the next unavoidable doubles when the Sal and Security Guard Finn 2 packs are released.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Way to expensive for my liking...but I can't help myself lol

In Canada they want $6.72 + 13% taxes = $7.59 (if I remember correctly) for the singles 1:55.
              The toys r us exclusive 1:55 are priced at $10.99 + taxes for some reason.
              I've been lucky that most of the ones I have bought at walmart were in a three pack for $10 + TAXES ($11.30)

The deluxes are $10.99 a piece + taxes....and haven't really looked at anything else cuz it's not what I'm collecting.

I've been thinking of buying most of my cars online as I've see alot of the ones I'm needing at lower pricing then what I would be paying in stores. Ruins the fun of the hunt...but with the way the economy is, and my small financial issues at the time..I'm gonna have to go with bang for buck.
              Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 08-29-2012, 05:42 PM.

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

JC Penney has Deluxe for $12.99. Bergners has Singles for $5.99, Deluxe for $9.99 and Launchers (the only place I ever saw Lewis and Miguel Launchers besides a gas station on my way to Washington D.C) for a whopping $24.95. The playset for Silver Flame McQueen (is it called Finish Line Frenzy?) is $29.95.

Comment

Working...
                X