Tuners :Boost, DJ, Wingo and Snot Rod, variants question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuners :Boost, DJ, Wingo and Snot Rod, variants question

I am an opener, so i am not that interested in different cards or sets.

But i would like to have the major variants of each character (i know that i can't have them all, but at least the common ones). I am not interested in error or lenticular cars, just the regular variants that have been available at the common retailers.

Please check the ones that i have found so far and post the variants that are missing. This is a great community with a lot of experienced collectors, so any help is appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

i am not that happy with my picture, but the left Wingo has a different shade of purple (hood and bumper)

Last edited by keonisdad; 09-21-2013, 01:05 PM.

In my display case, I'm just displaying three types of each; w/ flame, no flame, and booted. I have a set of lentys that my son plays with at my mother-in-law's house, and another set of w/ flames that he plays with here. I'm just waiting on Boost w/ Flames. Maybe I'll find him today.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Great photos! The tuners are our favorite and get the most play time. I didn't realize Snot Rod has two different number plates, Will go check which ours is

Comment

Great photos, keonisdad...

I posted this article on May 5, 2012:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...a-Tune%28rz%29

It may have some information that you're looking for... I need to update it to include the Tunerz with Flames from the 2013 singles series... I also need to focus on the other variants of the Cars as well... Hopefully I can get to that this weekend.

Actually, I see coming up with individual articles on each Tuner as something people would benefit from.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Looks like all of them to me.

Comment

thank you GotFrank, that would be my best case scenario. But of course your Bessie style (covered with tar) modified Tunerz are missing, maybe we can work out a deal someday.

Comment

I believe that there is a Boost with the black back end (not mauve) - I believe it was in the Walmart Tunerz 4 pack that was out almost 3 years ago in time for Christmas... I'm not sure about the Boost in the TRU 5 pack with the Sheriff and 4 Tunerz - I only have one of those and have not opened it... I have not opened my Walmart Tunerz 4 pack either.

I'll try to post an update within the week.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

thank you Chris, i have the TRU 5 pack and will check this out, unfortunately i don`t own the Walmart 4 pack, dad gum.

Comment

Hi Chris, i have found a picture of the WM 4 pack Boost on T5AD, but i am not sure what do you mean regarding the black back end vs mauve back end thing

Comment

Nice find, Markus.

I have a lenticular Boost somewhere at home as well (I kept about 10 of my lenticular singles when I sold the rest)... I'll try to get a photo of the rear of that Boost - I remember reading somewhere that the lenticular Boost was the first correct one... and that the one from the 4 pack featured the same rear the the lenticular one did.

I'll try to find my Boosts and take and post photos tonight... with the way today has been, I need something to Boost my spirits.

Comment

SPLAT!

Comment

OK... I checked some of my Boosts... it's Impound Boost that is correct in back as well as lenticular Boost... here are photos:

Notice how the area between the exhaust pipes is black:

Same with the lenticular Boost - my only one is carded and will remain that way.

If you look at the photo you provided from TakeFiveADay, the area between the exhaust pipes is mauve.

The Walmart 4 pack is NOT like the Impound Boost - it's normal... I'll check my Desert Back (from a Movie Moment) and some of my others later... I can't tell by looking at the TRU 5 pack but I'm not going to open it.

I'll try to take photos outdoors sometime this weekend.

And yes, GotFrank's custom Tarred Tuners is amazing... a boxed set of Bessie and the Tarred Tuners would be a very good seller.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                          In my display case, I'm just displaying three types of each; w/ flame, no flame, and booted. I have a set of lentys that my son plays with at my mother-in-law's house, and another set of w/ flames that he plays with here. I'm just waiting on Boost w/ Flames. Maybe I'll find him today.
                          I did find him today!!!

Can't wait to have BobbyJack open him!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Omg gotfrank that is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
                              SPLAT!
                              This is awesome!! If we find extra bad boys we may try our own version of this what did you use for the cars to pull bessie?

Comment

Working...
                              X