Cars That Take the Long Way Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars That Take the Long Way Home

As a college graduate with a degree in math, it's easy to see that the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line... but sometimes when it comes to packages being delivered, they don't always take the shortest path... here are a couple of examples:

From Las Vegas, Nevada to Richmond, Indiana via Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:

From a northeast Cincinnati (Ohio) suburb to Richmond, Indiana is 80 miles... the package path was almost 240 miles!

Over 2 weeks ago I mailed a package to Austria, which is in Europe... 5 days after I mailed it, it arrived in Australia... I didn't know that Australia was a trans-Atlantic stop between the US and Europe... hopefully it gets to Austria soon.

I hear the classic Supertramp song "Take The Long Way Home" in my head when I think of this topic...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

That's very interesting. It's odd sometimes the way in which package companys operate lol

Comment

I guess delivering this way must somehow saves the postal service money. But the more the package is handled, the more the worry of what condition it will arrive in.
      I'm more impressed than anything else of how your Austria package got to Australia in 5 days! Why is it that when the intended destination is Australia it then takes nearly three weeks to arrive.

Comment

Here's the update on my package from Indiana to Austria... I actually mailed it on September 7... it got to Chicago that day and left Chicago on September 9... as Flash said, I found it impressive that it got to Australia in 5 days... it usually takes a lot longer... it arrived in Austria today, 9/25... Looking at the map below, I don't see how going to Australia helped with the delivery... Australia is not in the Atlantic between North America and Europe.

I wish these Cars would have earned me frequent flyer miles!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

very interesting post. I like it.

Comment

I once bought some cars from a UK ebay seller, his location was listed as being literally a mile away from where I work, so I messaged asking if I could pick them up. He flatly refused and said that it was a warehouse with no customer access, which wasn't true, it was a residential address. He ended up sending them via a courier, which led to the cars making a 400 mile trip to the courier's central hub and back to me! I tracked them all the way! Lol
            400 miles instead of 1, craziness!

Comment

Working...
            X