No announcement yet.

FYI: Sears sells Cars...Well sort of...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: Sears sells Cars...Well sort of...

I've been scouring my city's anemic store stock of Cars lately and had to resort to getting creative. The two nearest Kmarts to me have closed in the past year and it got me thinking that Sears is a related store so why not. And Success!!!

Not sure if you all know this, but Sears does sell Cars...well sort of:

The pegs are bare, except for a lone Francesco...If these pegs had 20 Francescos I would consider it empty.

All things being equal, you should be able to find a small carousel of pegs near the checkout in the children's clothing department. As you can see in the picture, it is actually a Cars/Planes peg section. I asked the cashier, and she confirmed this is the only toy section in the store. Well, this particular Sears anyway.

I check Sears once in a while. Sometimes I find Sal 2 Packs.
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Found a Prince Wheeliam, some Bindos and Carlas earlier in the year at my Sears. As well as the Acer w/Helmet 2 packs.

Comment

I've only seen Cars at 1 Sears store - it was in Indianapolis... our local Sears closed this summer.

Most people know to check stores such as Walmart, Target, Toys R US, and Kmart... if you have a Meijer store, they have Cars but don't always have a good selection.

Some other stores in the US where you might find Cars - they may or may not have them all the time or have a good selection:

Aldi - usually for Christmas and Easter - I expect to find Cars there again towards the end of October.
        TJ Maxx/Marshalls - part of the TJX chain
        Kohl's - used to be a very good source for Cars but lately they've just had leftovers since May 16, 2011.
        OReilly Auto Parts
        HEB - a grocery chain
        Giant Foods
        Fred Meyer
        Kroger - Signature stores tend to have more... I've seen decent toy selections at one store in northern Kentucky and another in Dayton, Ohio.

Some pharmacy stores, such as CVS and Walgreens, carry a few Cars... you may or may not get lucky.

Occasionally Costco (warehouse store) will have Cars merchandise

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          Aldi - usually for Christmas and Easter
          Aldi as in discount food store?

Comment

Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
            Aldi as in discount food store?
            Yes... right before Easter 2013 they had 2013 case D... singles were $2.99 each plus tax... however, I don't believe Aldi stores in other countries get in Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

That's very interesting how the US store have stocked them. We have one local but never go in there, Will check this year just in case they get anything Cars related

Comment

I checked a couple of Sears stores in the last month or so, but they had not re-branded the display with the dual Cars/Planes sign yet.

Comment

I haven't been in a Sears since my local one closed.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Sweet list CAC1959! I keep hearing about oReillys, and i have one less than a mile away. I will make a stop there tomorrow. I think i will also pick up that engine air filter i keep putting off.

Comment

Interesting that some of you have Cars in your Aldi stores - my Aldi is food only and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                        Found a Prince Wheeliam, some Bindos and Carlas earlier in the year at my Sears. As well as the Acer w/Helmet 2 packs.
                        I also have found these at my Sears........

Comment

TJ Maxx is also owned by Sears and I've found some cars there as well....

Comment

Originally posted by Robomedic View Post
                            TJ Maxx is also owned by Sears and I've found some cars there as well....
                            I think you are thinking of something else...I have never seen anything showing an affiliation between Sears and TJ Maxx.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                              Interesting that some of you have Cars in your Aldi stores - my Aldi is food only and that's it.
                              Only saw cars at Aldi that one week they were for $3 around Easter and only 2013 case D...except for one or two remnants, that was the only time I saw case D in my area...

Comment

Working...
                              X