Target price variances

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target price variances

Now that I am fully involved on the hunt, I noticed a discrepancy in cost in two Targets I visited.

In Target #1 which is closest to Seattle city center, yet still well on the outskirts Cars singles are $4.09:

Then Target #2 which is just about 9 miles north of #1, Cars singles are $3.49:

Perhaps the store manager #1 decided to increase the price due to demand? From my observation store #1 always has a handful (20-ish) common cars (Maters, Francesco's) on the pegs. Target #2 with the lower price is always wiped out unless they just put out a case.

This is all pre-tax prices so in-city fees, out-city fees are applied after this stock cost.

Does anyone else notice price differences within the same chain of stores in your area?

Yes, I have 3 different price ranges and these Targets are within 15 miles of each other. 1 of which is a Super Target and has the cheapest price.
    Another Super Target that is connected to a mall is at the 4.09 price. My 2 closest Walmarts usually have different prices as well.

Comment

All of my Targets are the same $3.49...however I took a drive last week about an hour away from me and they were $3.89 I think? But it was in a 3% tax zone as opposed to the 7% around me so not too big of a difference I suppose.

Comment

Mine are $3.49 or $3.74 depending on which side of Richmond it is on.

Comment

$3.49 everywhere I've seen around here...but I did see the price difference in San Diego as TopherDawg mentioned...

Comment

You know what? I have never actually paid attention to it, so I have no idea...lol.

I know there is one guy on the CTT boards (maybe jamtrax?), who lives in an area where the prices are exceedingly higher than anywhere else I've seen in the US.

Comment

In the Chicagoland area I've seen $3.49, $4.09, and $4.79 ( I think or .89) the closer to and in downtown the more expensive.

Comment

Indianapolis stores are $3.49 and $3.89... some of the stores increased to $3.89 this summer but once Walmart lowered their prices from $3.88 back down to $3.47, Target lowered their prices as well.

Stores tend to charge more in urban areas where the standard of living is higher.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

both of my targets have always been the same price
                  currently $3.49

Comment

Wow! This is eye opening; I actually (blindly) assumed all Target pricing were standardized.

Seems at least on the surface, (with our community's laser focus on a single product line), we are given some insight.
                    Again I am assuming, (a.k.a making an 'Ass-U-Me'), it looks like:

"Closer to the city" = "Higher rent" = "Higher merchandise cost"?

On average total receipt cost of course. I can't imagine every product is more expensive. If it were, its a 15-27% increase per item. Alas, they are taking out their rent woes on us helpless Cars fans...

Anywho...thanks guys. I thought I stumbled upon a weird pricing fluke. I guess not!

Comment

Working...
                    X