Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 PCD Halloween Contest Winners (See post #75)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 PCD Halloween Contest Winners (See post #75)

Trick or treat...

Halloween is a little over 3 weeks away... last year PCD ran a special Halloween Contest... do we want to run one again this year?

Of course we do... look for details to be posted in the next few days.
    Last edited by cac1959; 11-11-2013, 03:09 AM. Reason: Winners announced

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Should we do something different this time around? I both liked and disliked the whole voting process we did last year, so I'm interested to hear other thoughts.

I'm also hoping a certain Dracula makes its way to the center of attention for the prizes in the contest this year

Comment

Cool. This will be my first contest to enter! Yay!!!!
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Can't wait. I just looked at the previous Halloween contest, looks like fun!

Comment

Just checked out last years contest for Halloween.. Wow!! The entries were amazing

Looking forward to this years.

Comment

Still working out the details on how to enter... I would like to thank LMQ702 for donating a Dracula Mater to use as a prize... and selling me another one that we will also use as a prize... we will have other prizes as well although I'm not sure what all of them are yet... part of it depends on how we do during and after the Kmart event.

And I agree - there were some amazing contest entries during the 2012 contest.
            Last edited by pirelliboy; 10-11-2013, 10:47 PM.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

What, no Hank Halloween Murphy as a prize? Nudge wink etc.

Comment

PCD Halloween Contest 2013 - details

I'd intended to post details about the PCD Halloween Contest 2013 before now, but it's been a very hectic last few weeks... our youngest son, his wife, and their 4 month old son were with us most of the last 3 weeks... they headed back to Texas this morning.

Anyway...

This year, there are 3 ways that you may enter.

1. Submit a photo that combines Halloween with Cars.

2. Submit a photo that contains Mater in Disguise - more than any other Cars character, Mater has been released in various costumes from Cars2 or from one of Mater's Tall Tales (or from the Star Wars Cars series).

3. Submit a photo that recreates a scene from one of the Cars movies or Mater's Tall Tales... A great example is in bobbyjack's reply in post 211 in the following thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...prisons/page22

As far as prizes... we have several and are working on obtaining more... courtesy of LMQ702 and me, we have 2 Dracula Mater available... courtesy of bobbyjack, we have the Deluxe Cars Ivan, Francesco Fan Mater, and Kabuki Mater as well as an Ishani single from Planes... Courtesy of OzzieMum we have an international version of Deluxe Leroy Traffik with snow tires... I hope to be able to come up with some loose Cars from the Kmart 10 Cars Collector Event after the event on Saturday October 19... I hope to announce additional prizes next Sunday (October 20)...

I also have at least one each of Gold Rip (with metallic finish) and the Silver Lightning McQueen from the recent Kmart event to use as prizes - both are loose... not sure I have a Hank Halloween Murphy lefty.

This contest starts now, Sunday October 13, 2013... contest entries will be accepted until 11:59 pm Eastern time on October 31, 2013.

You may enter in each of the 3 areas, but you are only eligible to win in 1 of the 3 areas... We'll do a random drawing in each of the 3 areas...

Every PCD member who enters is eligible to win... except for me.

Happy Halloween 2013... from PixarCarsDiecast.com!

Comment

Just a reminder... we are now accepting entries for the 2013 PCD Halloween Contest...

Comment

post pics here?

Comment

yes, please post your pics in this thread

Mine will be coming shortly...

Comment

I think I'm going to try to follow all the rules here...

Opened Dracula Mater today, so I could finally do this picture.

Had to put in Cars 2 today to see what order they appeared in. Then I realized I couldn't open the door to the DVD player without moving them, so I just put them on top of the mantel.

Pretty cool thing was, when BobbyJack got home from school, it was the first thing he noticed. There is still hope for me collecting in 2014.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Facing the giants...good movie.

Nice pics!

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Contest Entry:

#1 - Halloween

#2 Mater in Disguise

#3 Recreate Movie Scene

Comment

So I read the rules to my son and here is a 6 year old's interpretation of the Mater in disguise...(maybe not really what you are looking for but I thought it was pretty good lol)

Mummy Mater with Dracula Mater:

Comment

Working...
                              X