Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are some of the strangest places in a store that you've found Cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are some of the strangest places in a store that you've found Cars?

Usually Cars are found in Toys... sometimes there are special displays down the main aisle or in automotive or in grocery or in the laundry detergent aisle or at the checkout registers... sometimes someone hides Cars an aisle or 2 over... sometimes even automotive stores have a small display of Cars and Hot Wheels.

Where are some of the strangest places in a store that you've found Cars?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Once at a Target store I found Mama and Uncle Topolino singles in the Home Goods section - I needed more storage totes to hold carded Cars... as I was looking through the totes I noticed Mama and Uncle tucked away behind the lids.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I remember I found some great cars in the plastic bins section. I complained to the manager, but did nothing about it.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

The back stock room - have gotten some cases unopened before they were put out on the shelves and picked clean.

Comment

I found my first FFMater and Yukio hidden away behind other items in the toy section. Not really strange, per se, but I'm sure someone came back in later looking for them and got quite angry.

Comment

I'll look for unopened cases on the stock carts, but I don't go back in the stock room. I'll check the pallets in the Outdoor and Garden sections during Christmas time, but for the most part I just give the pegs a quick check. I don't normally look in other sections of the store. I can't remember ever finding someone's stash.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I usually enter most Walmarts through the Outdoor/Garden entrance because the Toy area is (about 75% of the time) right next to it, but I've never seen any toy overstock being stored up on the shelves in that area.

Comment

-skip-
                Last edited by PopeMobile; 10-12-2013, 05:26 AM.

Comment

On occasion I've seen boxes of toys in the lawn and garden section at Walmart... but I've never seen any Cars items worth purchasing... I've seen Cars2 launchers, but that's it as far as diecast Cars are concerned... and since the pegs and shelves were loaded with McQueen, Max, and Nigel launchers, it wasn't worth opening another case.

Comment

Originally posted by odisn View Post
                    I usually enter most Walmarts through the Outdoor/Garden entrance because the Toy area is (about 75% of the time) right next to it, but I've never seen any toy overstock being stored up on the shelves in that area.
                    My really awful Walmart keeps storage of toys in the garden center. I saw that they had a Case A of the 2-packs back there earlier this year...that case was just put out this past week! They are really bad at that store, probably only had a total of 4 cases this year!

On another note, a different walmart had there dumpbins from last christmas in the garden center and not for storage it was where they put them to sell...thought that was kinda odd??

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                      My really awful Walmart keeps storage of toys in the garden center. I saw that they had a Case A of the 2-packs back there earlier this year...that case was just put out this past week! They are really bad at that store, probably only had a total of 4 cases this year!

On another note, a different walmart had there dumpbins from last christmas in the garden center and not for storage it was where they put them to sell...thought that was kinda odd??
                      I wish my walmarts only got 4 case A 2 packs
                      I think mine must have gotten a whole pallet of them
                      they won't ever all be sold

my walmarts also put the cars and hot wheels dump bins in the garden center last christmas
                      so maybe it was one of the places suggested my walmarts corporate offices lol

Comment

Carslover 4 Cases of singles this year total!!! Plenty of the other stuff. The inventory on singles needs to be reset, I told the manager this but I might as well have told the guy making sandwiches at Subway!

Comment

Carslover 4 Cases of singles this year total!!! Plenty of the other stuff. The inventory on singles needs to be reset, I told the manager this but I might as well have told the guy making sandwiches at Subway!

One of our Walmarts has a Subway, so maybe your Toy Manager IS the sandwich guy too!

Comment

oh I thought you meant 4 cases of case A 2 packs lol

Comment

I went to my Target once and hit the Cars section. They only had like two rows of pegs for singles and a bunch of pegwarmers. I was bummed.

So while I was looking for HW and Despicable Me, I found a brand new case (with snot rod flames, etc) pegged in an empty area. Thanks I'll take these!

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
                              Fred Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X