Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Cars are you going to try to purchase at the Kmart 10 event?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for 50, but may settle for 25.

Comment

5. Only and opener and we play with the cars. Definitely want the two extra deluxe though.

"Play is often talked about as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood."
      Fred Rogers

Comment

I'm getting over 100 because I buy multiple cases at a time.
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

I voted 0-5...that's because we don't have Kmart here lol...and the only one I REALLY want is Rip...but I can settle for not having him...I'd rather have a Muggsy lol....hint hint anyone? lol

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

...I'm going out on a limb and doing 10 for 2 sets of promo cars....I'm hoping to trade those promo cars for Takeshi......we'll see how this plan goes.

Comment

Is there any deal this year for the Kmart event? Like buy 5 get 1 free deal?

Comment

I believe a lot of people here are going to be disappointed this Saturday. After reading about Mattel forgetting to label the cases for this event with the "Do Not Put Out Before Date xxx" I had a feeling this would be a problem all over. So today I went on a little adventure and hit 6 Kmart stores in my immediate area. It turns out all 6 stores had already put out the product early as there were remnants of each case left at each store. All of the RIPs were already taken as well as Boost. What was left was Silver Mcqueen, Mildred Bylane, and Mark Wheelsen. I was able to clean up on all the Mildreds and Mark Wheelsens and also picked up a couple Silver Mcqueens but that was it. So I'm expecting a good deal of people are going out this Sat to Kmart and will be met by blank stares and dumbfounded employees who have no idea this Saturday is supposed to be a Kmart Cars day. And when they figure out all the cars were put out early a lot of you are going to be walking out empty handed (or with a boatload of the silver mcqueens no one wants). I give Mattel and Kmart an epic FAIL on this event.

Comment

Just so I'm clear what cars can we buy for the promo?

Comment

Originally posted by Clearysdad19 View Post
                    According to the site, the following Cars singles are eligible for the promo:

Singles on the 2013 cardback (Y0471)
                    Singles on the Porta Corsa cardback (V2796)

Lenticular singles (P7001) - not that I've seen any lenticular singles at Kmart for years.

According to the website, the silver series racers and metallic paint racers are not eligible - it's too bad - these are still plentiful at many Kmart stores in Indiana and Ohio.

Go to this link, select United States, and then Continue:
                    https://store.mattel.com/transition....ansitionID=241

You should see this page:
                    https://store.mattel.com/viewcart.aspx

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                      I believe a lot of people here are going to be disappointed this Saturday. After reading about Mattel forgetting to label the cases for this event with the "Do Not Put Out Before Date xxx" I had a feeling this would be a problem all over.
                      Where did you read about the cases not being labeled?
                      Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Originally posted by All4Mase View Post
                        Where did you read about the cases not being labeled?
                        It was either on this site, or CTT, or Take5 - photos were posted showing the master case not labeled with a date so employees are just putting out the cases now cause they don't know. Hence I made a huge trip yesterday to 6 kmarts and found all 6 had already put out the cars.

Comment

I helped the clerk peg the Cars at one Kmart. Their case was not labelled.

My other "good" Kmart in town has yet to put out the Cars, so either their case was labelled or they have better-informed employees.

Comment

My wife called me an hour ago today from another Kmart that I wasn't able to get to yesterday - and to no surprise all of their Kmart day #10 cars were out as well. It seems everyone is leaving the silver mcqueens - no one wants them just as in past kmart days. But she was able to grab me some more Mildred, Boost, and Wheelsen's.

Comment

I am really trying to decide if I want a case. After calling all week to find out if the store is having the event Saturday and being told they were having the Hot Wheels event Thursday when I finally got someone today they checked to see if they had not gotten any in and probably wouldn't be having one since they were closing in January.. First I heard of this from multiple calls this week. So called another store and the manager checked and told me to call back later on to see if they get hem in this afternoon. Argh!!! When kid gets home I guess we'll drive over to the closest one and see if they had put them out..

Comment

Originally posted by Clearysdad19 View Post

It's probably easier to list what singles you CANNOT buy: any previous Kmart Collector Event Car with Synthetic Rubber Tires or Metallic Finish.

And if you happen to come across any Celine Dephare, Acer with Torch, Alexander Hugo with Party Hat, or Mary Esgocar, I wouldn't expect those to count either.

Comment

Working...
                                X