Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How was your Kmart 10 in-store event experience?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I mentioned before, the Kmart closest to my work had put them out early & I bought 10 there during my lunch break a couple of weeks ago. I'll return & re-buy in a couple of days to get my receipts printed with the qualifying date.

Nevertheless, I took my 4-year old daughter this morning to the one near our house because she seemed excited & this was our first Kmart event together. We got there too late to draw a ticket, but there was only a grandmother, a fellow collector from the CTT board, and a family in front of us at the table. They only had 1 master case. Since I already had plenty of good Cars from the other store, I didn't have to stress about missing anything & I could let her pick whatever she wanted. We got 2 gold Rips (one for little brother), a silver McQueen, a Luigi & Guido, and a Sputter Stop (b/c we can't find ours right now). We had a good time together & she was happy, so it was a great day for me.

Comment

Kmart #1 - 1 master case was out and one other collector was there. We each got to open one case and take what we wanted.

Kmart #2 - No sign of anything when I got there around 2pm. I asked a guy stocking the shelves and he checked in the back and found a master case. He opened both cases inside and I took what I wanted again. One case had a Franca and 2 Grem.

I am going to send matching cards for the first set of mail-in and hold off to hear what happens with others before sending more.

Comment

I remember now sending off for 4 Ivan using 1 receipt during the summer promo, so I'm going to send receipts for 25 in.

I am disappointed they had no store poster and no master carton posters... and only 48 Cars per master carton is not good - I remember the good old days when there were 6 cases of 18 Cars (108 total) per master carton and all stores got 2 or 3 master cartons.

I am still short on Ruka and Mark Wheelsen... I ended up buying 120 Cars at 5 stores (the 6th had nothing I needed)... while that seems like a lot, I am helping 12 other people who live outside the US.

Rip - x30
        Mildred - x22
        Boost - x20
        McQueen - x18
        Guido/Luigi with shakers - x10
        Mark Wheelsen - x9
        Ruka - x6
        Krate - x4
        Sheriff -x1

Other than Ruka and Mark Wheelsen, I left multiples of each behind for others.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
          I remember now sending off for 4 Ivan using 1 receipt during the summer promo, so I'm going to send receipts for 25 in.

I am disappointed they had no store poster and no master carton posters... and only 48 Cars per master carton is not good - I remember the good old days when there were 6 cases of 18 Cars (108 total) per master carton and all stores got 2 or 3 master cartons.

I am still short on Ruka and Mark Wheelsen... I ended up buying 120 Cars at 5 stores (the 6th had nothing I needed)... while that seems like a lot, I am helping 12 other people who live outside the US.

Rip - x30
          Mildred - x22
          Boost - x20
          McQueen - x18
          Guido/Luigi with shakers - x10
          Mark Wheelsen - x9
          Ruka - x6
          Krate - x4
          Sheriff -x1

Other than Ruka and Mark Wheelsen, I left multiples of each behind for others.
          WOW, i'm only helping 3 people outside the US and that is a lot of rips

Comment

2 cars that I also always pick up is King and Sheriff and people left those behind. The main characters always sell well except for the obvious pegwarmer mcqueens, finns, franscesco, maters, and sarge. But I'm always able to move Fillmore, Guido/Luigi, Flo, Sheriff, Sally and King - either through trades or direct sale. So all the Kings and Sheriffs nobody wanted today I took.

Comment

Hello everyone! First-time pxarcarsdiecast.com poster here. Thanks to everyone for the information on these boards. It has helped my wife and I build our 4-year-old son's collection.

I brought my son to our first Cars K-day today, and only knew about it because of reading about it here. There were no posters or signs in our local K-marts. We arrived around 8:40am and asked where the event would be held. The staff was very helpful and professional, but we apparently had more information about the event than they did!

The first person came back and said it wouldn't start until 10am, then after some checking they said 11am, but they were referring to an email about an unrelated event years ago. They knew there was an event because they had cases sitting in the stockroom for weeks with the "do not open until" date on it, but hadn't been given any other information.

Eventually a second collector who was known to the staff showed up, and he also told them he was expecting the cases to be opened at 9am. Since we were all patient and courteous, and absent any corporate guidance whatsoever, they wisely decided just to bring the cases out and let us have at them. There were five cases available, so there were more than enough models to go around. Again, I stress the staff was very professional and courteous.

My son was VERY excited to find Boost, Rip, Mildrid, Wheelsen, Ruka, Silver Lightning, Luigi and Guido with glasses, and Sarge without a race number on it. We bought one extra Rip and one extra Ruka, for a total of 10 cars that we thought would get us two sets of mail-away bonus cars.

Now, here is where reading some of your posts tonight has me concerned, and I would very much appreciate any solid guidance I can get here, especially since official information has been so darn hard to come by.

When I read there is a limit of 5 mail-in offers per household, I'm thinking I am well within the limit if I buy 10 cars out of the K-day case and send the cardbacks, receipt and shipping and handling charges to the address provided. With this in mind I bought all 10 cars on ONE receipt.

Now I'm seeing some people went out of their way to buy 5 cars per receipt in separate transactions. Is this being done out of an abundance of caution, or because there is some factual reason to believe someone can't just by 10 (or 25) cars on one receipt and send it in for the full amount???

It really makes no logical sense to me why they would reject my receipt and cardbacks for two sets of bonus cars on one receipt if there is a limit of five offers per household, but if you have more solid info to the contrary, please enlighten me before I let my son take the remaining cars off the card. (He has only opened 5 so far).

I didn't give any thought to doing more than one transaction, especially when the cashier mentioned I would get a $5 gift card for my purchase over $50 if I opened a rewards account on the spot. Any information would be appreciated, especially since this is the first K-day mail-in offer experience for my son and I.

THANK YOU in advance.
              Last edited by Lane1through75; 10-20-2013, 05:58 AM.

Comment

^^^I'm sending in 10 cardbacks on one receipt. When you do the order form off the Mattel site, you just order 2 sets.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

One receipt worked in June for the Ivan promotion. I called Mattel to ask the same question this time around, and they told me one receipt would be fine.

Comment

And after posting the question on the PCD Facebook page and getting numerous answers, I remembered that I did order and receive 4 of the Ivan promo that I'd purchased on one receipt.

I will be sending off for 5 mail-in promo sets on 1 receipt.

Thank you, bobbyjack and John in Missouri, for answering the question... welcome to PCD, Lane1through75... please post a member introduction in the New Members section of the forum.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I just wanna say to all those in the US who are helping all of us not in the US thank you so much for doing this. In recent years more and more cars are getting harder to obtain either via mailins or another way. I speak for all who rely on you guys and girls
                      A big thank you for your time and effort
                      I've asked others this time as I know Chris helps so many others and hope this makes other collectors help in future events.
                      Please help if you can
                      We are all so grateful

Comment

Went to a different K-Mart to see if they had leftovers. Yes, they did!
                        3 Ruka's (One case mispacked with 2 Ruka's)
                        2 Franca's (Mispacked case also)
                        3 Gold Metallic Rip's
                        1 Silver Metallic McQueen's
                        1 Mark Wheelsen
                        1 Krate Rainson-Wash
                        1 Sheriff
                        1 King
                        1 Sputter Stop
                        1 Sarge
                        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Oct 19th KDay 10 haul

The Kday cars for 2 sets of Deluxe!

And look what I stumpled across while looking through 2 new HW displays!
                          The HW were on sale for 89 cents and apparently the Cars singles were actually 3.48 or close to it. Planes tents were 11.19 and MDs were like 4.50ish...and they had a Jorg hauler and some Raoul haulers for 10, but so far I'm not collecting those.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                            ^^^I'm sending in 10 cardbacks on one receipt. When you do the order form off the Mattel site, you just order 2 sets.
                            Thanks for the reply bobbyjack!

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                            One receipt worked in June for the Ivan promotion. I called Mattel to ask the same question this time around, and they told me one receipt would be fine.
                            Thank you John for taking the time to call Mattel and ask, and for sharing the information. I missed the boat on Ivan because I had not yet discovered this forum.

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                            And after posting the question on the PCD Facebook page and getting numerous answers, I remembered that I did order and receive 4 of the Ivan promo that I'd purchased on one receipt.

I will be sending off for 5 mail-in promo sets on 1 receipt.

Thank you, bobbyjack and John in Missouri, for answering the question... welcome to PCD, Lane1through75... please post a member introduction in the New Members section of the forum.
                            Thank you! I feel much better now. I'll check out the New Members section on your recommendation.

Comment

The guy was carrying 4 cases on a little wooden cart and he said to somebody "Are you here for uuuuhhhh........ Cars?" like he was a bit confused, I seen only 2 other people there, Which was a guy with his kid.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Just saw the news that one of my "good" Kmarts is closing after Christmas. That leaves me with only one other "good" Kmart, which received the FFMater cases and the Kmart Cars Day cases. I have two other "bad" Kmarts, that rarely receive any Cars product at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X