Found the missing 2011 Case A's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found the missing 2011 Case A's

I am surprised I haven't seen this mentioned yet on the CARS boards (or perhaps I missed it...) but as some of you may know, the Menards chain of home-improvement stores put out a small toys section each holiday season. Usually this consists of at least some small scale diecast such as the latest cases of Hot Wheels, Greenlight, M2, etc... Well, you can imagine my excitement when I noticed the Toys section had been setup only to find 2011 Case A on the shelf in all the Lightning and Mater glory!! I looked up and saw at least 2 more sealed cases that were marked with the red "Do not open until" sticker. Thinking that perhaps this was somenow isolated to my store, I checked another not too far away and same thing there but they had at least 5 2011 cases in above storage. Now, multiple these case numbers by the # of Menards stores...who knew Mattel made THAT MANY of these 2011 case A's. I bet these will be a sell-out!! Sad...

Cars 2 diecasts almost killed the franchise.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I'm just glad they're going to Menards and not Walmart or Target!

Comment

Those who don't learn from their mistakes are destined to repeat them... Mattel has shown that time and time again during the almost 7 years I've been collecting Cars... And retailers who order 500 of case A as opposed to 100 each of cases A, B, C, D, and F show that time and time again... you're not increasing your profits by saving 10 to 20 cents a Car if you're ending up with up to 40% that you can't sell.

I can find singles, deluxe, and Movie Moments from 2011 case A at Walmart, Meijer, and Kmart in town - those are the only 3 stores (1 of each) in the county that typically sell Cars (we have no Target and no TRU).

What was the price of a single at Menards?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I think they were $3.99. Not surprising...the pegs were full!!!

Comment

In case anyone forgot what was in that "great" 2011 case A - here are the contents:

[4] Mater Race Team
            [5] Finn McMissile
            [4] Lightning McQueen
            [3] Francesco Bernoulli
            [2] Holley Shiftwell
            [1] Professor Z
            [1] Luigi/Guido
            [1] Acer
            [1] Grem
            [1] Race Team Fillmore
            [1] Sarge

Comment

And to think that I traded with a few people who got case A at their Family Dollar stores before the official launch at $5 each because ours got case B and I was afraid I'd miss out on them...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

This doesn't appear to be Case A, at least at my store. It looks like the infamous McQueen / Mater / Francesco / Finn repackaged case for resellers. I am trying to find the story on Take5, but here is a photo I just took during the lunch hour. It looks like they used the original cases but slapped a new case number on the box:

Menard's Cars Cases.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
                  This doesn't appear to be Case A, at least at my store. It looks like the infamous McQueen / Mater / Francesco / Finn repackaged case for resellers. I am trying to find the story on Take5, but here is a photo I just took during the lunch hour. It looks like they used the original cases but slapped a new case number on the box:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3284[/ATTACH]
                  I noticed the same thing Friday night when I stopped at Menard's on my way to Chipotle... the repack case... 6 each of Mater, McQueen, Finn, and Francesco... at $0.50 each they might sell.

Comment

Is there a way to make my photo larger Chris?

Comment

Let's see if this works, John in Missouri:

(Photo resized by permission of John in Missouri)

Comment

Working...
                      X