Coming to Disney Store - WGP Racer Set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to Disney Store - WGP Racer Set

Thanks to a heads up from a friend... Look what's coming to the Disney Store... Monday October 28, 2013... A very nice World Grand Prix racer set:

(Photo used by permission)

I see metallic finish Cars... I see 16 Cars - all 16 World Grand Prix racers... in 1 boxed set!

$99.95 is the retail price... it is scheduled to arrive on Monday 10/28/13... They are the 1:43 scale Disney Store Cars.

I've been collecting Disney Store Cars items that I like... I like this one... I'm going to think about buying it... How about you?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

They look nice

We haven't bought any Disney Store Cars for months now.. Little man seems to prefer the smaller Mattel ones for some reason.

Comment

its still missing Fernando Alonso tho

Comment

thats the one I spotted a few weeks ago, a bit pointless I think

Comment

Thanks for the info Chris!! I really like the Shiny Carla and a couple of the others, dont think I'll be dishing out the $99 though! If I can catch a set on sale then it may be harder to say no!

Comment

This is indeed the same set that our UK friends informed us about in post 1198 a week ago in the following thread:
            http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...t-1%29/page120

Original photo by Lozzi31... original post by Joshuasmummy.

I know that not everyone checks every forum topic... so if you missed seeing it there, here it is.

Some items show up in one country but not in others - I'm glad to see that this set is arriving in multiple countries.

And if Mattel would release this boxed set in the 1:55 scale, I would not complain about all the repeats... and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Saw a pile of these in DS this afternoon. Ł80 but going by previous years' sets, they'll be discounted soon enough to shift them.

The metallic finish is great and Lewis and Shu have a really nice subtle pearlescent finish.

Comment

Ahh, so close! Why couldn't they include him. Are they pulling a Mattel??

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                its still missing Fernando Alonso tho

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Worth noting that last years set got THREE McQueens. That was 20 Cars though not 16 so at least they spared us that.

If anyone doesnt want to spring for this and wants just Carla, Memo, Vitaly, Long Ge, and Frosty just let me know.
                  Last edited by Enzo; 10-26-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Went online this morning to see if the racers were up yet and found these...

Chase LMQ

Cars Mack Die Cast Carrier Ultimate Gift Set- $79.95

Description for Mack...
                    Set Includes: Mack, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Sally, Ramone (exclusive to this set), Sheriff, Red, Fillmore, Guido, and Luigi
                    Press down on Mack's cab to hear him speak 10 phrases
                    Both sides of carrier are detachable
                    Features 16 separate compartments
                    Carry handle for on the go play

Might go see if I can pick up the LMQ at my DS today, aside from that as much as I would like to get the kids the Mack carrier its gonna take a pretty good sale for me to grab one!

Comment

I'm probably not gonna buy it, My nearest Disney store is over 30 miles away, And $99 can go to the 1:55th scale ones, Which at my store I can purchase over 30 for $99!

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

If any UK members are thinking of springing for this set, feel free to PM for a very decent discount.

Expires tomorrow though so be quick.

Comment

Saw it today. It looks really cool.
                          Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Working...
                          X