Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see yourself collecting the 2014 series Cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you see yourself collecting the 2014 series Cars?

We should start seeing the first 2014 Cars singles in US stores before the end of November... the 2013 Cars started showing up in time for Black Friday last year... I know some online retailers have started getting some cases in... I know a few singles have already shown up at a few stores.

As another Mattel year is getting ready to start (or has started), we want to know...

How do you see yourself collecting the 2014 series Cars? Will you collect them all... only new Cars? none at all?

We're looking forward to your answers.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

As of today, this is my collecting plan:

New Cars found in singles, deluxe, or Movie Moments.

First release as singles - some of them - supposedly Pit Crew Mater, which was a Kmart exclusive shortly after the release of Cars2 merchandise, is due out as a single... if it's a Deluxe I probably won't buy it.

Cars that were not released in the US such as Deluxe Chuck Choke Cables

Cars such as Todd that were released several years ago that are making a return.

Unibody upgrades that I don't have.

Cars that I like such as Tuners, Lizzie, Sheriff, Sarge (etc.)

Special Cars such as Kmart event Cars and mail-in promos.

I won't be buying very many Cars that I already have just because they are on a new cardback (such as Red, Mack, McQueen with racing wheels, etc.)... 4 packs and 7 packs with only 1 new Car - I'm going to have to really think about those.

I'm not going to collect them all... so I will be asking for your help in helping PCD acquire photos of carded items to put in checklists.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Well I will simply be collecting Cars or variations that are not already in my collection. Since i have only been collecting for a little while, that will mean most of them. I am strictly an opener so different cards don't mean anything to me.

Comment

having collected the 2013 international carded singles but then had to turn to US cards for the 2-pack/deluxes when mattel stuck two fingers up to the UK, if i decide to collect the 2014 series then i think i'll only go for US cards via cases or ebay

the boy is no longer is interested in cars so i only buy them now to collect and keep on the cards - and in truth i prefer the cards with the name on the front rather than a picture

Comment

We will only collect new releases or re releases of Cars we missed the first time around. We don't bother with variants like unibody (we only collect the different versions like the tuners impound/flames etc)

We are also openers so different cards don't matter to us.

Like Yuffie being in the UK makes it difficult as we have misssed out on so much here in the UK. We haven't been able to add any of the new deluxes or twin packs to our collection Maybe 2014 will be different .. fingers crossed x

Comment

I am only going to buy cars that I don't already have and usually not a car with something added. For example, I won't be getting the WGP racers with flames or the lemons with headsets that I already have a plain version of.
            Last edited by Ferris; 11-08-2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Agreed, Ferris. I've been stalking my local stores to see if they've got anything new. I haven't seen anything yet.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

same as Ferris

Comment

I tend to agree with Ferris, as well. We still don't have many of the Cars 1 releases, so it appears there will still be plenty to collect while leaving minor variants like the Allinol flamers on the pegs.

Comment

Funny, I seem to be the complete opposite of you guys. The largest percentage of joy that i get from collecting comes from getting the variants ( whether it be Cars, Hot Wheels or even my Haynes manuals)

Case in point: I picked up a Holly/ Airport Mater two pack today because I didn't have an Airport Mater...and that is the most minuscule of variants lol. However I do not bother with Unibody vs 2piece "variations"
                    Last edited by gtommec3; 11-08-2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Think we're just going to cherry-pick the really cool cars (literally using the poster, great fun marking them off). Suspect it'll be easier to resist temptation in going overboard more than it was this past year. Adding a headset to a car already in the collection isn't going to prise cash out of my wallet.

Todd is the only new car seen that's marked as definite buy, and will be same for Jungle Miles and Grem/Acer/Camera Weapon. Looking forward to seeing what other baddies are on the poster, and Paris cars too.

Comment

2 each of all new Cars to us, and every Frank I see!!

Comment

I am just going to collect the new cars. Even if there is a slight change in a car, I am still going to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                            2 each of all new Cars to us, and every Frank I see!!
                            so you will have to change your name to "got frank 2" lol

Comment

I plan to get all new cars and variants
                              if I find them in the stores I will get cars like todd and frank because you can never have too many of them lol

Comment

Working...
                              X