Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R US Cars Singles - the price has gone UP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys R US Cars Singles - the price has gone UP!

I went on an all-day Cars hunt in the Cincinnati, Ohio area on Tuesday... I wanted to look for Christmas Cars at Meijer (for others) and 2014 singles at Toys R US and Target (I found none)... but what I found at at Toys R US shocked me.

There was a sticker on the pegs saying Cars singles were 2 for $5... they didn't honor the price.

Underneath the sticker it showed Cars were still $4.19 each... I picked up 1 Rip and 2 Wingo with Flames... I can't leave those 2 Cars on the pegs.

At the register, they rang up at $4.99 each! Needless to say, I told the cashier "No, thank you"... We're back in Final Lap price territory... at that price it needs to be a special Car or one I haven't found in a store.

Prices on the website for singles are now showing $4.99 each as well... I see myself paying that much for Milton Calypeer and Costanzo Della Corsa... but at that price, I'm not buying other Radiator Springs Classics or 2014 singles at TRU... if they go on sale for 2 for $5 or 2 for $6 I might.

And while I realize many of you in other countries would like to be able to buy singles at $4.99 each, I buy from where it's more affordable (although I have bought new Cars at Kohl's or Elder-Beerman at $5.99 each on occasion).

Will the TRU price increase impact how you purchase Cars?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Unless it is a character I don't have, I won't buy it.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Toys R Us will have to have super chases or chases that I can't find anywhere else in order for me to purchase there now. I picked up some of the 2014 cars there and got that rude awakening. First to market won't even be enough to do it now.

Comment

Prices at TRU is the UK have also gone up on the Radiator Springs Classics, from Ł4.99 to Ł5.49, but they are still trying to shift some 2012 stock and a millions of LMQ at Ł2.99. Unfortunately TRU in the UK haven't had anything new for ages, apart from the Christmas cars at the lovely price of Ł8.99!

Comment

I don't know though, we all just paid $15 for a new Jay W. background car and an extra set of Mia and Tia. No buyer's remorse here.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

But as far as we know Jay W is an exclusive. I wanted the extra mia and tia since I don't have any carded or boxed. Good point though. I mean people will generally pay more. I've paid 5.99 at Kohl's, and up to 6.99 I think at a CVS or Walgreens if it is a car I really want.

Comment

I've been to 2 TRU's the past couple days, and had to fight tooth and nail to get them to price-adjust what was posted all over the pegs in TWO sections of the store. $4.19 is hard enough to stomach, let alone $4.99; I bought a total of 28 singles, so that's $22.40 extra! I'm just wondering if they're in between sales, and had to do a mark-up to make each one seem more legit.
              Last edited by John in Missouri; 11-28-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Not buying unless its really something I need! I have better luck at Target and Walmart anyway! $3.49 vs $4.99??? You lose TRU!!

Comment

Just think. Maybe they raised the prices for the Holidays.
                  Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

They've put the prices up as they are going bankrupt
                    Imagine another 80 cents on every product at $4 so something that is $50 is now $60
                    It all adds up and may just save them well may

Comment

Yes, but charging higher prices than the tags indicate is basically illegal.

Comment

2 for $5? That's about $2.30. My cars at my Walmart are $4.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by iopl3887 View Post
                          2 for $5? That's about $2.30. My cars at my Walmart are $4.
                          No the price has gone up to $5 each!

Comment

Well, living in Germany, where a single car is about $10.90 each (the holiday cars are even worse at $13.60 each) not to talk about prices for Deluxe cars.... I would love to pay $4.90 each per single car.

Comment

After tax they've pretty much already been over $5

Comment

Working...
                              X