Disney Store Cars Packaging Change & A New Chase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Store Cars Packaging Change & A New Chase

Yep as the title states it looks like the nice Acrylic boxes are no more! The new packaging looks nice but is in no way display friendly since you can no longer stack them. Also with this new wave comes a new Chase or "Chaser" as the DS likes to call them...

If you wanna get them the DS is offering Free Shipping for today and tomorrow using code SHIPNEW

Wow, that's too bad I really liked the acrylic cases. I wonder if they will do the same to planes.
    RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

I bought a few of the Disney Store Piston Cup racers when they were first released... they are very hard to store - they don't stack well... and I bought an early Chase Car (Red) because I liked the paint job... I like the acrylic boxes - as others have said they stack nicely... if they are discontinuing the acrylic boxes, I may be done with Disney Store Cars, including the Chase Cars.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

It makes sense from a business standpoint I suppose, but I really liked the plastic boxes on the 4 DS Cars/Planes in my collection. This will pretty much dissuade me from buying any more DS Cars/Planes unless there is another that is clearly superior (Franz, Red, Tractor).
        OTOH, Mattel's packaging gets cheaper and cheaper. Just compare a vintage SC or Desert card to a current one. The new cardboard is thinner/cheaper, graphics are washed out, blisters are very thin.

Comment

I'm not going to buy DS cars anymore. At least not with those cases.

Comment

Something tells me they're going to surprise us and there were be small slits in the bottom of each box so you can stick the Lightyear Tire handle through so they stack well.

I may be the only one that sort of likes this new look. However the word 'Chaser' is the dumbest word I've ever heard of in my whole life.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
              However the word 'Chaser' is the dumbest word I've ever heard of in my whole life.
              It should only be used when referring to the non-alcoholic beverage you drink after doing a shot.

Comment

I like the look of the new packaging as well Fillmore..it would be really nice if that were indeed an acrylic case inside, but I have a feeling its not! If the handle folds down that would make them nice to stack and display as well!

As far as the Chaser tag...I used to see that on there cases at the store but assumed it would never make its way to retail packaging!

Comment

I have already reduced the DS cars I buy and this will not help them any in the future

Comment

Sorry but the acrylic cases were fantastic, stacked together, looked great and very protective. Even the thick postcard "scene" that matched the character in each was a nice touch. The Planes ones (assume they're also toast) were even better, bigger and with that embossed logo.

These crappy cardboard/plastic packs will be thrown away after you open them (if they don't crack or splinter first), not exactly eco-friendly.

Inevitable cost-cutting measure but then hey, it could be worse for you guys, DS over here have NEVER used these preferring the cheapest possible blister on cardback model that Mattel uses.

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                      Yep as the title states it looks like the nice Acrylic boxes are no more! The new packaging looks nice but is in no way display friendly since you can no longer stack them. Also with this new wave comes a new Chase or "Chaser" as the DS likes to call them...

Interesting that this "Chaser" looks to have matte paintwork as opposed to the metallic finish of the previous "Chase" version. Or is that just DS really poor photography?

Comment

Certainly doesnt appear to be the Metallic version...but will know for sure when my DS order arrives!

1000th post!! Im now officially a Cars-A-Holic!!!

Comment

I really hate that they did these in cheap flimsy plastic. I loved the cases. I would have paid $1 more a car or whatever to keep them in the acrylic cases. I highly doubt I will be collecting these anymore.

Comment

Working...
                          X