Spring 2014 Reset underway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring 2014 Reset underway

The Spring 2014 Toys reset is underway... while many have high hopes for new Cars merchandise that we want, what we will actually find in stores may end up leaving a lot to be desired.

I stopped at the local Meijer after work on Tuesday... I couldn't find Cars - they'd been moved an aisle over (and Matchbox and Hot Wheels have followed)... here's what I saw:

Instead of 12 pegs for singles, there are only 8... Only 4 have Cars on them... the upper left is all Finn McMissile from 2011... The upper right is all Francesco on a mix of 2011, 2012, and 2013 cardback... the left column second from top contains a 2013 Max Schnell in front of all Francesco, and the right column second from top is all various Lightning McQueen Cars from 2013.... Before I re-arranged the Cars all 8 pegs had Cars on them and a Francesco was in front on each.

Instead of 4 pegs for Movie Moments there are only 2, and every one in the picture is Finn/Tomber from May 16, 2011... underneath the Movie Moments are 2 pegs for Cars Launchers - while $7.99 is a better price than I've seen at other stores, if they get the first case of Raoul, Vitoline, Leakless, and Lightning McQueen they will never sell.

It's not any better in the next picture:

2 pegs of Deluxe instead of 4 - but every one is Submarine Finn McMissile from May 16, 2011... new items to the left of the Deluxe - 2 pegs for Deluxe Hydro Cars, another easy pass for me... underneath those are 4 pegs for Hydro Cars singles... Micro Drifter continue... Stunt Racers and Transport Trailers are gone... I can't read the signs to identify what goes on the pegs but I remember that I was disappointed with what they were when I saw them.

They continue to carry Planes singles:

Unfortunately these are all from early cases and won't sell... much less space for Gift Packs, but again these are almost all from the first case.

It's hard to be excited about this reset... and the resets I've seen at Walmart and Target don't look any better.

Hopefully your store resets are going better... we want new Cars!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

How depressing... I hope to get a Magen but I probably won't find one :I

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

So far none of the stores around me have put anything new out.

Comment

photo-2.jpgphoto-5.jpg
        I finally got out and had enough time to look for some stuff.

Comment

nice finds dawg

Comment

Originally posted by TopherDawg View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]3719[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3720[/ATTACH]
            I finally got out and had enough time to look for some stuff.
            Nice finds! I need to get one of those Bump Arounds.
            RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

Nice Hotwheels

Comment

More new items put out today...

Deluxe Hydro Cars Red and Mack:

Riplash Racers singles... the pegs next will be Riplash Racer 2 packs at $9.99.

They also had some new playsets and Planes Micro Drifters...

No new diecasts... lots of plastic... sorry for the poor photo quality - took these using my iPhone... I didn't buy anything.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Did one of the Hydro Wheels Cars (Red) have a Mack on the label?

Comment

Originally posted by J Las View Post
                    Nice catch, J Las... I didn't notice that this morning... at 7:45 am when it's -9 outside I have (and did have) brain freeze.

Comment

The deluxe hydro cars are $10.99 at our TRU!
                      Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Hey, nice find! I had to look at it when you said it and I found something just as strange. Look at where it says deluxe on Red...it says De Luxo under that. Clearly not all Mack's say this because the actual Mack in the photos just say Deluxe. Weird.
                        Originally posted by J Las View Post

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Those playsets look like shelf cloggers! I need some of them! :P

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

being a fan of just the diecasts, this is depressing. I'm eager to see new merchandise!..Whenever it comes :/
                            "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Nice fnd on the hydro wheels!
                              Lizardmaster

Comment

Working...
                              X