Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emmanuel.. does anyone else wish he was bigger?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmanuel.. does anyone else wish he was bigger?

this whole article just summons what I thought in my mind, I even put my Emmanuel behind my Mater and sadly frowned. http://www.takefiveaday.com/2014/03/...-versus-metal/
    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

No. I'm happy with him. He scales fine with the Double Decker bus and he needed to be that size to still be able to sell at that price point.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Before we received ours I was expecting him to be rather small because of what others have said online regarding his size.. when he arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Hes actually bigger then I was expecting

Comment

He may scale well with the Double Decker bus, but not with Mater who was directly next to Emmanuel in the movie. So I wish Emmanuel was bigger since in the movie he is HUGE compared to Mater, but on the die-cast Mater is about the same height as Emmanuel.
        RBCars77 check out my YouTube Channel @ RCcars5

Comment

I would have been fine with the $15 hauler price. Had they made him closer to the size of a hauler. But the trade off for scale Vs. metal was close with Emmanuel. So, yeah I wish he were bigger. But not bad as is.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
            I would have been fine with the $15 hauler price. Had they made him closer to the size of a hauler. But the trade off for scale Vs. metal was close with Emmanuel. So, yeah I wish he were bigger. But not bad as is.
            I agree, GotFrank.

And for those of you who are relatively new to collecting, prices on a lot of the Cars items have increased over the years... For example, launchers that originally cost $6.99 are now $12.99... Haulers that were originally $11.99 are $14.99 (but were higher at certain stores)... a Deluxe that's the size of a hauler for $15 isn't as bad as a Deluxe Mater with a tray (Waiter Mater) at $8.99.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

When he was first being sold by backdoors, I thought he'd be in a Target 4-pack, Emmanuel, Mater, Holley, And some random throw-in.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

I don't mind I like his size.

Comment

I think he is scaled fine (especially next to Topper Deckington III). This is just another example of a way Mattel is trying to get more money.

Comment

I like the evolution;
                    Oversized (dictionary says: bigger),
                    Mega Sized (dictionary says: bigger),
                    Deluxe (dictionary says: more expensive).

Comment

LOL!
                      So true.
                      I like the evolution;
                      Oversized (dictionary says: bigger),
                      Mega Sized (dictionary says: bigger),
                      Deluxe (dictionary says: more expensive).

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

Originally posted by RBCars77 View Post
                        He may scale well with the Double Decker bus, but not with Mater who was directly next to Emmanuel in the movie. So I wish Emmanuel was bigger since in the movie he is HUGE compared to Mater, but on the die-cast Mater is about the same height as Emmanuel.
                        this is exactly what I wanted too! I wouldn't care if he was made of plastic I wish he was bigger cause.. compared to other cars he's just too small to me. :P plus if he was plastic the pain of when I dropped him on my toe would of been maybe a little less!

Comment

definitely would of loved the Hauler scale and price. No matter metal or plastic. The size only bugs me so much cause he looks so out of scale in my own Radiator Springs model town.

Comment

I have a hard time being too critical of this one. Emmanuel just looks too good and I think that the perspective on his scene in Cars 2 makes him appear a little larger than he is. I'm guessing he should probably be about 1 1/2 maters tall, but the scene's angle makes it look like he's twice as tall. I have a harder time with Mach's Matsuo's scale. For some reason the cars that are too big bug me more than the ones that are too small.

Comment

I've been complaining for years about the Haulers being too small -- especially when compared to the original Mack Truck Playset (Lightning's Bachelor Pad) -- so Emmanuel's underscaling doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Working...
                              X