Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Target dropped the Neon Racers series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Target dropped the Neon Racers series?

As posted elsewhere, it has been reported that Target has dropped the Neon Racer series... there was a "big" launch scheduled for February 23... but not every store got in merchandise or received very little merchandise.

I've only been to 2 Target stores in the last 6 weeks and only saw a few racers and the book at one of them... but with buying a house and getting ready to move I've not made Cars hunting trips that I might have.

Those of you in the US who have found the Neon Racers and have Target stores close by... you can help us out... if you enter the DPCI number at one of the scanners that is used to tell the price and if there is more merchandise with that number in the back... if it reports NCF (not carry forward) that tells us that DPCI number has been discontinued... I found that with the Crew Chief box sets a few years ago.

Looking forward to finding out more.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Hope that's not the case, was looking forward to the other racers coming out...

Comment

I scanned the tag this morning...it does not appear to be NCF.

Comment

It would be very surprising if they were discontinued in the US, when they are still available in other territories.

In spite of their price, they are popular in the UK. There are price differences across a range of stores but collectors aren't shopping around and leaving / boycotting the expensive stores. Although they've been in store for a few weeks there is no sign of sales dipping yet, so as soon as they hit the shelves, they're gone within a day or so. Even Lightning McQueen doesn't appear to be a shelf-warmer and there are four of him in the case!

Comment

My target got neons once then sold out and haven't got any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Clearysdad19 View Post
            Ditto, and we missed them too!
            Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Originally posted by All4Mase View Post
              Ditto, and we missed them too!
              Mine didn't even have any.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

my target told me the other day they were in their system as discontinued

and they have not gotten anymore since the first 2 cases

Comment

I checked after work and they are still scanning normal

no ncf on the scan so far

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                    I checked after work and they are still scanning normal

no ncf on the scan so far
                    I scanned the Barcode from the price tag and it didn't say ncf either.
                    Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Had an employee scan them today...sadly she said they are discontinued! :-(

Comment

it looks like target is as confused on this line as mattel is

I guess it went over like a lead balloon and target has dumped them

Comment

Originally posted by Clearysdad19 View Post
                          same with mine, they still have all the promo display up for it but have hung the micro drifters on the neon pegs now.
                          "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

maybe the hype of them was too high and the outcome was too little?? I got the 4 pack but I didn't intend on getting the other singles just cause they're neon.
                            "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

The actual Cars have sold out at nearly every store I've been in. It's all the other associated items that are just sitting there gathering dust.

Comment

Working...
                              X