Announcement from Chris: 3/23/14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement from Chris: 3/23/14

Just wanted to let everyone know a few things... I've not been on much the last couple of weeks and probably won't be on much this next week... we bought a house and are getting ready to move... I'm going to have to take off work Tuesday through Friday this week so we can move this coming Saturday.

I still have Silver Frosty to mail to the UK and Texas from the Christmas contest, and a couple other packages to send to Australia, as well as packages to friends in Europe, Asia, and Canada, but it's probably not going to happen this week... we need to get everything moved... I may have to move all the Cars from my current home to my new home and mail from the new house... I spent 15 hours yesterday painting and installing new door locks... and we still have 7 more rooms to paint.

I have access to a pickup truck this week so hopefully I can get everything moved I need to move before Saturday.

We still don't have hot water at our new house... the home warranty company is trying to get out of paying for the new water heater... they say tank failure isn't covered... but it wasn't staying lit (natural gas) and it was leaking gas... the onsite company they said I had to use for diagnose has customer service as poor as Mattel's... and quoted me $100 more for a new heater than a local company that I'm going to use if I have to pay for the new water heater... and if I have to pay for the new water heater, believe me, I'm going to share my experience with the home warranty company on social media (Facebook)... I've also spoken with an attorney.

Back to PCD - next month the web hosting fees are due... we may do a few things to raise funds for the site... we still have PCD custom racers to sell... and we'll have our 3rd anniversary celebration in May.

I'm looking forward to getting moved and once again having time for Cars and PCD... many thanks for your support.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Congrats Chris! The move is tough work but if will all be worth it once it is done!!

Comment

...and don't forget about my offer to go through your cars for you and take a few out so there is less for you to move!

Comment

Home warranties when buying a house are always this way - the companies never want to pay so whenever we have moved and the seller offered to cover a home warranty on the appliances I never put any value to that cause I knew if something broke they would never cover it.

Comment

Hope everything works out!!
          -Steve
          AKA Tmremote

Comment

The good news is that we got most things moved... the bad news is there are still a few more things to move, and there are boxes everywhere... we had to buy a new water heater - the home warranty company said it wasn't a covered item... and now it looks like both the stove and dishwasher don't work properly.

Comcast came to hook us up yesterday morning... the technician put a device on a cable outlet to tone the outlet (not every outlet was hooked up in the basement) and we lost power... to the entire house... to the entire subdivision... the utilities are underground in the subdivision, and the city had to do work on the street into the subdivision... so I helped the technician install by holding a flashlight so he could see what he was doing... we ended up having to go with a new modem/router since the phone service is different here than we had in the Fountain City area... and I had to buy a range extender to get Internet access in the basement for my wired (Ethernet) network devices - didn't install it yet...

Back to work today, so it will be a little here and there to get more items moved... hopefully we'll be entirely finished moving in the next 2 weeks.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Can't wait to see pictures of the new Cars room!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

good luck getting all that taken care of Chris

Comment

Sorry to hear your having problems with the house such a stressful time.

Hope you get everything sorted soon and like Bobbyjack said .. look forward to photos

Comment

I hope you get your house problems fixed and you move successfully.
                    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Working...
                    X