Neons glow in the dark?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neons glow in the dark?

I thought I would share with you this neon mcqueen that I got from our friends in China a few months ago before the neons came out and assumed at the time it was to be the mcqueen but I guess it some kind of prototype?

At the time I thought it was defect as I could not see that it "glowed" but after getting all the other neons later on which dont "glow" I then discovered yesterday when I was putting it away in my garage when the lights were off that it was glowing!! Its obviously not as cool looking as the officially released neon mcqueen but its a shame Mattel did not make the others with the glowing effect like this.
    Attached Files

Very interesting... light up glow in the dark Cars are very cool... I like how your glow in the dark McQueen glows.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Really cool to see! It is a shame that the Neon Cars do not light up in the dark. To be honest, I really like the glowing one :P maybe more than the official neon one. Nice that you have one in your collection.

Comment

I agree with the above comments, Mattel really missed a trick not making the Neon series glow in the dark. Mattel could have then justified why Neons are Ł2.00 more expensive than main line Cars in the U.K. After all, Hot Wheels make cars with glow up interiors and decals so why not Cars?!

Comment

Maybe they were supposed to and that's why the plug got pulled early?

Comment

Interesting! Can we get a pic of the bottom of the glowing proto\sample?

Comment

lego stopped providing glow in the dark sticker sheets with their monster fighter sets last year due to issues with the quality of the ink

I wonder if mattel suffered from the same problems but had committed to the line by then

Comment

Cool! Look, his spoiler logo is backwards.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

DjB, you're right! I would never have noticed that!

Comment

Is it possible this could be a future promo that comes with a DVD?? I'm sure you're right that it was the original plan for the Neons, and if so you've got an EXTREMELY rare and special car.

Ka-Chigga, Ka-Chow, and Ka-Ciao! - DjB

Comment

SAM_9276.jpgSAM_9278.jpg

Here you go

Comment

Working...
                      X