No announcement yet.

SDCC Neon Racers officially anounced...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCC Neon Racers officially anounced...

Disney•Pixar Cars 2014 Special Edition Neon Racers Gift Pack ($50)

Disney•Pixar Cars 2014 Special Edition Neon Racers Gift Pack Welcome to Japan! Shu Todoroki is hosting an endurance night race from Mt. Fuji to Tokyo’s colorful Ginza District. Get ready to experience the exciting world of neon racing!

In Japan, the presentation of a gift is as important as the gift itself. You can experience this Japanese tradition with the 2014 Special Edition Neon Racers Gift Pack. The specially designed furoshiki, Japanese wrapping cloth, features comic book-style illustrations of the Neon Racers story. Open the wrap and you’ll find a racing diorama with die-cast characters Lightning McQueen and Shu Todoroki illuminating the streets of Tokyo in their amazing customized lighting and neon deco.

Please enjoy! Tanoshinde kudasai!

This product will be available for pre-order at MattyCollector.com on June 24, 2014, to be picked up at San Diego Comic-Con. It will also be available for purchase at the show.
    At $50 I think im going to pass and hope for them to be discounted eventually!!

I seen these a week ago on the foreign forum, I honestly thought they'd be released as singles and not $6000000000000000 for 2 cars. No thanks, Mattel. I'll spend my 50 on new bike tires, rather.

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Awesome Cars ... but miserable price ... worst in the Cars era ... sigh ...

Comment

everything at comic con is over priced

so it doesn't surprise me

Comment

So many things from Cars or Cars 2 they could have done... Spark Plug Monster, light-up Tuners, Grem with light-up death-ray camera, Albert Hinkey, lights & sounds Bessie, Vroomaroundus Bugus (VW bug), circus Cars just to name a few. Instead some quasi-repaints (By the way, why make a new castings that are almost identical to previous releases?! Especially after segmenting previous castings to make or not make variants without having to make a new casting!!! Uh duh!) that are at an ungodly price point. All backed by a slapped-together book to warrant the line. I mean how much money did it cost to make Mater's Tall Tales..? Why not make Cars from a "vehicle" that people have actually seen or are aware of? Cart before the horse thinking if you ask me. EASY PASS! My collection will remain Neon-free.

I'm reminded of a Nine Inch Nails song "suck, suck, suck!"

Comment

Albert Hinkey yes please

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
            So many things from Cars or Cars 2 they could have done... Spark Plug Monster, light-up Tuners, Grem with light-up death-ray camera, Albert Hinkey, lights & sounds Bessie, Vroomaroundus Bugus (VW bug), circus Cars just to name a few. Instead some quasi-repaints (By the way, why make a new castings that are almost identical to previous releases?! Especially after segmenting previous castings to make or not make variants without having to make a new casting!!! Uh duh!) that are at an ungodly price point. All backed by a slapped-together book to warrant the line. I mean how much money did it cost to make Mater's Tall Tales..? Why not make Cars from a "vehicle" that people have actually seen or are aware of? Cart before the horse thinking if you ask me. EASY PASS! My collection will remain Neon-free.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

I've had help for the last 2 or 3 SDCC items... I like them... but even though I just finally bought 6 of the 7 Neon Racers today, I'm not excited about these... yet.

I like the way they light up... but Lights and Sounds Cars from Cars 2 were $9.99 to $11.99 each.

I've read about Shu's race in the book... and I enjoyed it... but I'm thinking $50 for the 2 racer set is more than I want to spend... yes, D23 and SDCC items tend to be a little more expensive, but I think there are other Cars I want to spend my money on.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I might pay $25 for this pack. $50 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Comment

I wouldn't pay that for them even if I did want them. Mattel's just ripping off its loyal cars fans now, I agree with GotFrank, release Albert Hinkey and I'll be happy.
                  "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post

They even made a prototype for the Petersen Museum! How hard is it Mattel?!?!?

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Vroomaroundus Bugus would maybe the the best SDCC item for Cars ever. Too big as a Single and too small for a Deluxe, he would look perfect sitting in a desert-themed box.

This year's SDCC item is just disappointing. Shame on Mattel for taking the cheap way out on this.

Comment

Working...
                      X