Which do You Prefer? Loose or Carded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which do You Prefer? Loose or Carded?

The main question is, Do you open, or do you prefer carded?

My choice is, I like to open, because it's funner to display, and you can play with it, and take pictures with no glare of the plastic prison. What are your opinions?
    Last edited by iopl3887; 05-24-2014, 04:30 AM. Reason: correction

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

I am also an opener. I choose to open for several reasons:
    take up less space when opened
    easier to convince myself to buy less (one of each, not on all different cards)
    easier to display
    more fun to play with :-)
    Fun for the kids to open
    can buy items for less money if the card is damaged.

Comment

We are openers, but I like to keep certain ones that are in display cases in the box...like Barry Diesel, for example.

Comment

I'm an opener BUT certain items (CV brothers, Limited ed. Cars etc) are still carded.

Comment

having been a confirmed opener i did get all the 2013 releases and keep carded but given that added so many more levels of frustration to collecting (condition of card, us v international cards, etc) i decided that would be a one off year

and given the unexplainable mix of world of cars/pixar disney cards this year i am glad i did

Comment

Opener! Apart from a few that cost a fortune - Tach-O-Mint, Tank Coat, Super chase racers, Brian Parks.

My son loves playing with them and they look great on display when packed away.

Comment

Both... I have open for display (still in boxes), open for play (still in boxes), as well as many carded items (too many, according to my wife, and she may be right).

In 2014 I'm not buying everything... I bought a Mel Dorado single as it's a unibody upgrade and I will open it... I'll buy 2 Geartrude and 2 Denise Beam (one to open as she's now a unibody)... I actually didn't buy Nigel Gearsley or Carla Veloso.

I've gone back and bought a few carded items that I missed when they were released (Best Buy Cars Gift Pack, Meet at Flo's 7 pack, Rollin Bowlin Mater, etc.) but as they tend to be expensive I am not buying everything... and until I get more items put away I don't have a lot of extra space for packages.

Buy what you want and can afford... enjoy what you have... and let others enjoy what they have.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Opener. But I'll keep chases and super chases and international cards in their package.

Comment

Yes to both please and thank you!

I am a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I do both

Comment

It's a tough choice...loose looks so good displayed...but such a pain to keep clean and dusting (unless it's in an enclosed shelving unit)

I'm probably gonna open most of mine...cept for a few ones here and there....well only the one super chase I have (frosty) lol

Transformers for Trade
                      Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

a bit of both

Comment

I like to open them but I do hang on to the cardbacks.

Comment

Loose. I like handling them, not scratching them, but just handling them in my Radiator Springs Model
                            "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Loose is more fun, but for value unopened will always rule the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X