ToysRUs Not a Place to Buy Cars Anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToysRUs Not a Place to Buy Cars Anymore

Went to 3 ToysRus today - all had their prices on cars listed for $5.99. Wow! Whereas my Walmart dropped prices from $3.47 to $2.99, the ToysRUs' went in the other direction and went from an already ridiculous $4.99 to $5.99.

thats insane, and only showing greed for more money.
    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Did yours just go up?? Mine has been that way for months!! Heck my outlet store they $6.49!!!!

Comment

Indianapolis stores went up to $5.99 a few months ago... I did buy Lizzie and Chase Lee Race at that price Mother's Day weekend... I left them at that price over Memorial Day weekend.

It's going to have to be a Car I don't have or don't have 2 of (1 to open) for me to buy at the inflated TRU retail price... I saw the Father Burke 2 pack for $9.99 a couple weeks ago... I wasn't going to buy it at that price... but I saw a 25% off sign on the pegs from the previous week's sale which they'd forgotten to take down - they let me use it which made the 2 packs $7.49.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
          Did yours just go up?? Mine has been that way for months!! Heck my outlet store they $6.49!!!!
          I saw them at that price a few weeks ago and thought it was an error cause all the Walmarts around me had dropped their price to $2.99. I just don't understand how ToysRUs can be so different on price considering how much the Cars market has softened over the past year. Cars are still popular but no where the feeding frenzy they were in 2012. I think Planes really dampened the line and I have to look no further than my own house and boys who completely lost interest in Cars once Planes came out.

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
            I saw them at that price a few weeks ago and thought it was an error cause all the Walmarts around me had dropped their price to $2.99. I just don't understand how ToysRUs can be so different on price considering how much the Cars market has softened over the past year. Cars are still popular but no where the feeding frenzy they were in 2012. I think Planes really dampened the line and I have to look no further than my own house and boys who completely lost interest in Cars once Planes came out.
            just have them price match with the walmart price

that is what I did for the cars they had that I needed

Comment

my walmart has cars for 2.99 my toys r us has cars for 5.99

Comment

Toys R US singles prices are now the same as Kohls and Elder Beerman (Carson's) in the midwest... I did actually find and buy a Geartrude at a Kohl's for $5.99 today... since they were buy one get one 50% off I got Harumi for the second Car... That's the first Geartrude I've seen in a store.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The funny part too in the pic I posted is that ToysRUs calls this a "Hot Price". Yeah...right

Comment

Originally posted by PopeMobile View Post
                    The funny part too in the pic I posted is that ToysRUs calls this a "Hot Price". Yeah...right
                    Maybe it's a "Hot Price" because it burns a bigger hole in your wallet when you pay for Cars that you buy...

Comment

What stinks is you can't even use those 20% off coupons on "Hot Price" items. I bought a couple Lizzies @ $6 but left the Lee Races behind. I also found Towin Eoin for the first time in TRU on Sunday, but left him behind because I didn't want to pay $10 for him.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                        just have them price match with the walmart price
                        that is what I did for the cars they had that I needed
                        Do you take a picture of the price on the peg? I found a few cars my son needed today at tru but they weren't $6 worthy. The target down the road has them for $3.50 but how can I prove that to tru?

Comment

Originally posted by cuseoscar View Post
                          Do you take a picture of the price on the peg? I found a few cars my son needed today at tru but they weren't $6 worthy. The target down the road has them for $3.50 but how can I prove that to tru?
                          That, or a Target/Walmart receipt with one car usually works. Note that it will only work for the white cardbacks, the radiator springs classics are exclusive to TRU and they will not price match those (usually)...

Comment

Has anyone been denied a price check? I just wanted to know before I do it.
                            Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by KK&PP_Cars View Post
                              That, or a Target/Walmart receipt with one car usually works. Note that it will only work for the white cardbacks, the radiator springs classics are exclusive to TRU and they will not price match those (usually)...
                              Thanks...I'll give it a whirl tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                              X