PixarCarsDiecast.com site problems: June 14, 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PixarCarsDiecast.com site problems: June 14, 2014

As many have you have posted, PixarCarsDiecast.com is having some site problems... the hosting company updated software which appears to have caused a problem for the site (and others)... I have contacted a person who will contact the person who does our technical support, asking him to look into installing a vBulletin update and check a MySQL password... I contacted the hosting company and they said they didn't see the problem... but we know there is a problem.

I see the same message(s) at the top of the screen that you do.

I cannot go to the most recent post in a topic by clicking directly on it... I can get there by clicking the topic, going to the last page, and then seeing the post.

When I post on the site I am getting duplicate posts and have been deleting the second one... I am using Windows 7 Ultimate with the Firefox 30 web browser... I've not tried my laptop or another browser and have not checked using my iPhone.

Thank you for your patience while we get this figured out.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I am on windows 7 pro and internet explorer 11 and have had the problems too

Comment

I've honestly had no problems on the site besides seeing the strange, "Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988" line at the top of the screen.

Occasionally threads can be slow to load but I'm blaming that on my usually slow internet connection. Other than that everything's been fine.

I'm using Safari by the way.

Comment

Well this sure was strange. This happened when I tried editing my Post.

Comment

It looks like the problems have been resolved... you may need to clear the cache on your browser... I closed the PixarCarsDiecast.com tab that I had opened in Firefox 30 and opened a new tab... typed in www.pixarcarsdiecast.com in the address box and pressed Enter... the errors have gone away.

It also opened properly in Internet Explorer.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's fixed now.

Comment

It appears to be OK in the UK.

I'm using Internet Explorer 11, Windows 7 SP1 on my home pc. I tried using Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox and they all had variations on the problems - all fixed now!

I also use Opera Mini on my Sony SP Android phone. That was the first one to be fixed (without a major fix - clear cache, cookies etc).

Thanks,
              Nigel

Comment

Everything looks back to normal this morning! Yippie!

Comment

Thanks to No Wires Technical Support for taking care of the problem... I reported it with the specific error message at 1:00 am this morning, shortly after returning from our middle son's wedding... at that time I couldn't open any links on the site... within 15 minutes I'd gotten an email that they'd found and fixed the problem, with a screen shot showing no error.

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08
                    so is this picture limit thing that pops up when I try to post my pictures part of the new update?
                    Not aware of a picture limit... there's always been a limit of 5 pictures per post when posting as an attachment... we recommend posting photos following the outline listed in reply #9.

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ng-photobucket

Are you trying to post using an attachment?

I use the method outlined above and it works... I just tried as an attachment and it did not... let me investigate.

It may have to do with the maximum size of an attachment (file) being 100,000 bytes.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                      Not aware of a picture limit... there's always been a limit of 5 pictures per post when posting as an attachment... we recommend posting photos following the outline listed in reply #9.

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ng-photobucket

Are you trying to post using an attachment?

I use the method outlined above and it works... I just tried as an attachment and it did not... let me investigate.

It may have to do with the maximum size of an attachment (file) being 100,000 bytes.

yeah the size of the attachment was the problem I was having, not the limit of how many I wanted to post
                      "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

I need to get in touch with Technical Support... they may have lowered the maximum size of the attachment because it is possible that JPG and other graphics files can contain malware code in addition to displaying the image... in the meantime, see if you can add pictures using the [IMG][/IMG] method.

Comment

Working...
                        X