New Super Chase Car it Out - Chiao Francesco Bernoulli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Super Chase Car it Out - Chiao Francesco Bernoulli

This one was a surprise and is the only one I've seen so far. The cardback shows it's the 3rd superchase for this year. The only difference with the car seems to be the gas can accessory

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Disney-...vip=true&rt=nc

People thought 95 fans Luigi and Guido were bad...also, why the oil can??
    Just a real disappointment to me.
    -Steve
    AKA Tmremote

Comment

Even though I like Super Chases and get them when ever I can, I think this one is kind of weak. It's just Francesco with a can. I'll still buy it, but it is not my favorite one.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

at a guess I would say it also has the sticker on the rear as does the lightning McQueen,either way this is undeniably an extremely bad choice for what's going to be a ridiculously expensive car for people to purchase outside of the united states yet again.

why do they not release super chases internationally so that we all have a chance of buying/finding these car at retail prices even if at slightly elevated prices due to the country's currency.

think that's the first ever sad face emoticon I have ever posted and there's another

Comment

i can only think someone at mattel has bet that by sticking 'super chase' on the card even a car that is virtually identical to one of their biggest peg warmers will fly of the shelves and go for silly money on ebay

the sad thing is i wouldn't even think of betting against them ...

i guess in all areas of adults collecting children's toys the company knows they can get away with almost anything so mattel are hardly unique in this respect

Comment

As with the 95 fans, I will only buy it if I find it at retail.

Comment

That's why I bought the one in the link above. The seller thought it was an 'error' car and listed it as such but it clearly is the next super chase. The 3 giveaways are the gas can, the name 'chiao' in the name tab label, and most of all the cardback showing this as the 3rd superchase for this year. I figured it was a good price for $18 cause as soon as people figure out what they are it will go to $40.

Comment

sweet catch at that price and as you stated will only escalate in value.

Comment

It wont ever hit $40. More like $15 when they are common on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by maxgc53 View Post
                    It wont ever hit $40. More like $15 when they are common on ebay.
                    Maybe but unlikely. Even though Francesco is my least favorite car, he carries the super chase label and with the limit to 4000 it makes him somewhat rare and worthy of collecting.

Comment

Ahahahahaha lol mattel

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

So Mattel wants collectors that do not live on the US to pay almost 20 dollars for Francesco and a Allinol can?
                        Oh wait, no super chases outside the United States.
                        Seriously, it makes no sense to me

Comment

Sure the first 3-4 might go for that, but lets be real here, if Hiroaki, Yukio etc have dropped to 15-20, then how in the heck would a francesco stick at $40?

Comment

Remember how weak some of the Chase Cars with accessories were?

Fillmore with oil can
                            McQueen with Rusteze can

At least the Piston Cup trophy accessories were Piston Cup trophies that had meaning, even if Doc Hudson's were just "empty cups".

I've paid good money on eBay to get one of each Super Chase Cars and traded with others for other Super Chase Cars - I do appreciate the help I've received... but taking a pegwarmer, adding a gas can, and putting the term Super Chase on the cardback doesn't do it for me... this won't be an eBay purchase.

Thanks for the heads up, Popemobile.

P.S. the picture of the cardback shows that the 2014 series Cars can be seen at Mattel.com/Cars... nope - the 2013 series Cars are still there... I'm beginning to think we'll see the 2015 series poster on the Mattel site before we see the 2014 series poster.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by maxgc53 View Post
                              Sure the first 3-4 might go for that, but lets be real here, if Hiroaki, Yukio etc have dropped to 15-20, then how in the heck would a francesco stick at $40?
                              Same reason that the weak 95 fans have stuck that high for months - poor distribution.

Comment

Working...
                              X