Spare-O-Mint or Sparemint?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare-O-Mint or Sparemint?

It is Spare-O-Mint or Sparemint? It is listed as both in the die-cast nametags.

Thanks for looking!
    Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

I believe it's neither...I always thought it was Spare Mint.
    -Steve
    AKA Tmremote

Comment

Original releases showed Spare Mint.

Then someone decided that the tire looked like an O so they went with Spare O Mint... Kind of like Tach O Mint... But not Sidewall O Shine.

Covered in the article published 3/9/2012 at:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ics-Spare-Mint

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Better make sure John in MO doesn't see this thread..

I've always called him Spare Mint. John always made the point whenever this came up that Spare Mint is a play on words with spearmint and that Tach O Mint is a play on words with the tachometer, which is why Tach O Mint has the O and Spare Mint shouldn't.

However Ernie Gearson is his real name since Spare Mint is just his sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
          Better make sure John in MO doesn't see this thread..

I've always called him Spare Mint. John always made the point whenever this came up that Spare Mint is a play on words with spearmint and that Tach O Mint is a play on words with the tachometer, which is why Tach O Mint has the O and Spare Mint shouldn't.

Exactly! The original name change from Sparemint to Spare O Mint is what threw me over the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
            Exactly! The original name change from Sparemint to Spare O Mint is what threw me over the edge.
            And John in Missouri, we appreciate how you help keep us and Mattel on edge when it comes to Cars!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
            X