Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to Customising Cars

Lads,

Does anyone have an idiot-proof guide to customising your own cars i.e. how to strip the paint, what to use etc? we have a bunch of spare Cars 1 cars that nobody would want that I want to tackle as projects at the weekends with the boys...I see lots of others have posted their own custom creations on the forum and I'd appreciate some help??

Cheers

I'm in the middle of doing a custom myself. Once I work out how to do it and it works out ok I'll post a how to with pictures (when I do another)

I disassembled the car by drilling out the rivets
    To strip paint, I just used paint stripper for metal (applied with a brush) = only use paintstripper on the metal parts
    I them primed the car twice with spray paint primer
    I then painted the car with 3 coats of the desired colour using spray paint
    I've created and sized my decals and printed them on decal paper
    I then applied clear coat to the printed decal paper (this is as far as I've got)
    Next I plan to cut out the decals and apply them to the car, clear coat the car then reassemble the car (using hot glue to secure the car where the rivets were)

I'll be of more help once I've finished...

Comment

Cant wait to see it Mr B.

Comment

I had no idea there was such a thing as decal paper! how do you create the decals?

Comment

Decals are created on any computer application of graphic design (Adobe Photoshop is probably the most commonly used application and then printed onto the decal paper.

Decal paper comes in either white or clear. Only get the clear stuff if your printer prints white. There's also specific decal paper for inkjet and laserjet printers - make sure you get the rights stuff.

Depending upon how my attempt turns out I'll post links to the paper I used.

Comment

Working...
          X