Now that summer is over...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that summer is over...

Now that summer is over - technically fall begins September 23 but most consider Labor Day to be the end of summer... what would you consider to be the highlight of your Cars/Planes/Planes Fire and Rescue summer? It can be store finds... online finds... While we saw the launch of the Planes Fire and Rescue toys as well as the Radiator Springs 500 1/2 toys, to me it seemed that summer was a slow period for Cars and Planes.

For me, the highlight was the first US release of the missing 2012 Movie Moments at TJ Maxx and Marshalls... the release of Miguel Camino/Petro Cartalina and Miles with Cleaning Pittys... I drove a lot to check out TJ Maxx and Marshalls stores... my second highlight was finding Antonio and Judge Davis gift packs at a Kroger Marketplace store in northern Kentucky... my finds at major US retailers (Target, TRU, Walmart) and mid-major retailers (Kmart, Meijer) were minimal this summer.

Let us know the highlight of your Cars/Planes/Planes Fire and Rescue summer.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Having started just this summer I was very surprised and happy that I was able to get current on all of the Planes toys in just a few months. Finding Judge Davis and Ishani pit sets were awesome and the release of Ryker was great. I think Ryker is my favorite so far.

I've also almost gotten all of the Cars toys that I wanted so that was great as well. Now I just need to track down some of the harder to find characters that were only released years ago.

All in all it was a pleasant experience and all of the recent finds posts help a lot, so thank to everyone who takes the time to share what is being released.

And lastly some butt kissing. Thanks Chris for creating this site. Between this forum and Met's T5, it's very easy to find out whats coming and what I should be looking for.

Comment

My trip to Canada was the highlight of my Cars/Planes summer! I got so many International carded Cars, and even a new Plane no one knew about at the time, Yellowbird.
      Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Taking my kids to see Planes and watching them play with the diecasts more lately. Actually watched Cars and Cars 2 a few times this summer. Hadn't watched those in a while.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Finding a loose Bessie on ebay that was atually in good condition. I also was able to get 3 haulers that I had been looking for in one transaction (craigs listing). Lastly, I would say that my accquisition of the SDCC neon racers (thanks Kevin aka Nascarfan) and the Star Wars set for this year have been some great buys. I am still on the fence with fire and rescue, but I am about 95% sure they will end up in a tote somewhere this fall.
          May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Being able to get a lot of piston cup racers in the store and finishing off the haulers collection were my highlights.

Comment

I was never really "out of the game" with regard to collecting but I wasn't a constant presence on the forums like I used to be in years past. This summer has seen my return to a strong love for CARS and it feels good to be back. Hoping school year time constraints don't make me forget what fun CARS collecting is again.

Comment

My best find would probably be finding 8 Supercharged cars at a flea market. However, they weren't carded.

Comment

Originally posted by J Las View Post
                  My best find would probably be finding 8 Supercharged cars at a flea market. However, they weren't carded.
                  How did you know they from the Supercharged series? Did you look at the date stamp code on the bottom?
                  Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

i finally got a cleary custom

and some more cars

Comment

And as others have mentioned, I really enjoyed seeing Planes Fire and Rescue in the theater... that's going on my birthday and Christmas list this year, along with Big Bang Theory seasons 1, 2, and 7, and NCIS-LA seasons 2 through whatever the most recent is.

I got Planes for my birthday last November and still haven't opened it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

My big cars opening party was probably the best part of the summer. Not too many AMAZING finds, but it was decent...got everything I needed.
                        -Steve
                        AKA Tmremote

Comment

ksammut, I did look at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                          X