NEW? "Poster Sticker Inside" Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW? "Poster Sticker Inside" Series

Mods, delete or move or merge this post into whatever is appropriate. I searched for this topic and I don't think it has yet been covered, but I also didn't try that hard.

At Walmart yesterday I saw these CARS, but did not find them significant until I saw on here that they had not been reported by anyone else to my knowledge. I went back tonight and snatched them up for research purposes.

There is a new sub-line of singles with a "Poster Sticker Inside" snipe on the top left and a sticker sheet inside. Below the pegs on the shelf were free folded posters which open up to reveal a backdrop of Radiator Springs for your stickers.

The CARS I found were Hudson Hornet PC LMQ (x2), Snot Rod with Flames (clear flames, x2), Max Schnell, and Carla Veloso with Flames.

The snipe is actually part of the cardback and not a sticker added on. The stickers inside are hard to see from some angles, so at first I didn't notice a difference. Each sticker sheet has a picture of the car and a few other accessories like a road sign or a fire extinguisher for Carla with Flames. The back of the cards are identical to the regular singles.

Opened up, the poster has a checklist which also lists Marlon "Clutches" McKay and Kabuto as part of this series. I did not see those two at the store. I saw regular Kabutos without stickers, but no other CARS with the sticker insert. The other side of the poster is blank. There was a whole stack of them available. I took 6, one for each car I purchased. It didn't seem like they had been touched by anyone else.

They were pegged and priced with the regular singles, but they rang up as "CARS PROMO" on the receipt.

Has anyone else seen these? Are they at all stores? What's the deal with this promo, is it for Black Friday and was put out early at my store? Is this all an illusion? What do the carded collectors think about this? I have many more questions than answers at this time.

On the other site I have been informed that these were released 6 months ago and I never noticed.

Call the embarassment ambulance for this post.....I feel dumb now. Thought I struck gold, lol

Comment

Hehe, don't feel bad! I vaguely remember reading about them earlier this year but often, we read about things many months before we actually see them on sale in shops near us.

I think these are great for kids although I am not interested in collecting them!

Comment

I know they have been out for so long now but I have yet to see these since people started finding these. Maybe they will start popping out again.

Comment

I picked up the posters and a couple of the sticker cars back then. It is tempting to collect them all now that they are back out.

I see nothing embarrassing in this Bumper Save. It's new to you and your reaction is the same as many other collectors.

Comment

Bumper Save - thanks for bringing this to our attention... I know for a fact that some stores have just received their first sidekicks while others are on their 4th or 5th...

Last night I found these at Walmart stores in Greenfield and New Castle (Indiana)... I bought the one each of Todd, Louis Larue, and Holley with Screen (2014) in Greenfield (first time I'd seen this Holley in a store)... left Denise, Cora, Alexander Hugo, and the rest... found just a Holley with Screen and 3 Denise Beam in New Castle on my way home and left all the Cars with poster stickers at both stores... I bought 2 each of Carla with Flames, Snot Rod with Flames, and I think Max Schnell back when they first came out... I decided I didn't want or need any of the rest.

We'd much rather hear about something being released at a store than not hear about it... and even if we already have something, we enjoy finding it in a store... many of us may buy something the first time we see it in a store even if we already have it.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

All my stores have TONS of these! I never picked any up because I collect the cars, not all the different versions. I also have never seen the backdrops before. They look cool!

Comment

Fine editorial. I think it was a great notion to put a bit in for these versions of Cars money getters. Some may not have gotten a chance to get them when they 1st were released. Or, they never got them in their area in the 1st place. Keep those eyes sharp for new or rereleased new Cars stuff!
                May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Working...
                X