Chase / Super Chase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chase / Super Chase

This is probably a tired out question, but Google and Wiki's haven't gotten me anywhere tonight.
    I was wondering what the official numbers of production were for Chase and Super Chase cars.
    I thought I saw somewhere that one of the two were out of 4000? Not too sure, but if anyone could clarify that'd be great!
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure on the back of a Super Chase package it states "Super Chase vehicles are limited to no more than 4000 units produced" so if that's true, then only 4000 Super Chases of one car are made. As for regular chases, I'm pretty sure it states "Chase vehicles compromises less than 1% of vehicles in this assortment" which I think means there is only one per each case assortment with a Chase.
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

I think there was some discussion about Memo & Vitaly being made in smaller quantities.

Edit:
      Vitaly's card says "2,000" and Memo might be 2,000 as well I think. But the rest say "4,000".

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/11/...e-take-a-memo/
      Last edited by GotFrank; 12-05-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbart1209 View Post
        I'm pretty sure on the back of a Super Chase package it states "Super Chase vehicles are limited to no more than 4000 units produced" so if that's true, then only 4000 Super Chases of one car are made. As for regular chases, I'm pretty sure it states "Chase vehicles compromises less than 1% of vehicles in this assortment" which I think means there is only one per each case assortment with a Chase.
        Ok, thanks. I haven't found a Chase / Super Chase in real life yet, so I haven't read the back, lol. I just ordered Lee Race though.
        Thank you!
        Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
        I think there was some discussion about Memo & Vitaly being made in smaller quantities.

Edit:
        Vitaly's card says "2,000" and Memo might be 2,000 as well I think. But the rest say "4,000".

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2012/11/...e-take-a-memo/
        Thanks for the article, Frank. I'm not surprised that there is confusion in the Super Chase world as well, lol.

Comment

A mystery wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce.

Comment

Vitaly says 2000, memo says 4000, but they came in the same case which never had more than 1400 total available according to Traver at CTC

Comment

I also believe a CHASE car means it is never rereleased once distributed in its original case. And like Rbart1209 said, it's only one CHASE car per case.

Comment

It can't just be one chase per case. RS Ramone, Becky Wheelin', and Officer Murikarmi all came in multiples in a case. I think one case had 3 Becky's and 2 Officer Murikarmis.

Comment

Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
                  It can't just be one chase per case. RS Ramone, Becky Wheelin', and Officer Murikarmi all came in multiples in a case. I think one case had 3 Becky's and 2 Officer Murikarmis.
                  You are absolutely correct, Raginpage...

Actually I believe both 2012 case E and case G (included a Super Chase) included 3 Chase Becky Wheelin and 2 Officer Murakarmi... and I think one of the Chase Ramone was in 2 different cases as well.

There have been a few other cases with multiple Chase Cars:

Fabrizio, Sir Harley Gassup, and Alex Vandel came in 2013 case N and case P (included the Super Chase)

If retailers cancel orders for singles, Mattel may change case assortments by canceling certain cases and re-packing (combining) cases into other cases... there were actually super cases for both 2012 and 2013... with the low numbers of certain 2014 cases making it to retail, I'm surprised we haven't seen a 2014 super case.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
                    Oh really, I thought there was only one of each character per case.

Comment

Here are a few photos I took from Summer 2012... I bought singles case E and then case G.

Case G:

Here it is before I opened it:

Case E:

Case G contained a Super Chase Flash - case E did not.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Impound McQueen released in two different cases.

Comment

so THEORETICALLY it is one-per-case and one-case-only but it seems like, as with many other things, Mattel doesn't really care enough to follow that

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                            so THEORETICALLY it is one-per-case and one-case-only but it seems like, as with many other things, Mattel doesn't really care enough to follow that
                            Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                            X