Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Reset Time (updated for Spring 2016)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Reset Time (updated for Spring 2016)

It's time for the Fall 2015 reset... I stopped at 15 stores yesterday.

2 Walmart stores had sheets taped to the Cars area:

5 pegs for Planes singles... 4 pegs for Color Changers... 4 pegs for Hydro Wheels... 4 pegs for Ice Racers... 4 pegs for Silver Series... 4 pegs for Toon singles... on the shelves I see Planes Deluxe and Talking vehicles, story sets, Muir, Cars Design Drive... a Color Changers toy (Ramones?), and Cars Trucks - hopefully we get some new haulers... Toon 3 packs...

3 pegs for Deluxe... 4 pegs for 2 packs... 8 pegs for singles... then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles merchandise? Maybe they have the sheets in the wrong order?

Now to find merchandise... I saw the "cube" at 1 of 11 Walmart stores - the same one that I saw the cube at on Wednesday night.

One Target out of three was just getting ready for the reset... they'd dumped singles, two packs, deluxe, Ice Racers, and Neon Racers in a tray on a shelf:

A second Target had finished the reset - Cars are now featured via signage, not Planes... and there is a lot less space for Cars and Planes merchandise.

Hopefully your stores will finish the reset soon.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

The Walmart I hit on the way home from work yesterday had reset the Cars section. Didn't see anything new though.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

* your local stores may be vary from than what's pictured above

Not all Walmart's are the same size.

My Target looks like that but has two columns of Planes.

Comment

Originally posted by John in Missouri View Post
        * your local stores may be vary from than what's pictured above

Not all Walmart's are the same size.

My Target looks like that but has two columns of Planes.
        Good point, John in Missouri... This Walmart store is for a 40 foot section for toys... another store had papers for a 32 foot section - unfortunately, the picture I took turned out to be blurry.

There is also a column of Planes singles at the Target store that did not end up in the picture... this is in the middle of the aisle and not on an end like it used to be... and the total space is about 1.5 out of 4 shelving sections.

The local Meijer had a few more Cars and Planes on the pegs this morning... unfortunately, nothing close to new.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Silvis, IL WM is in the the midst. I think they botched it though. Couldn't find pegs for Deluxe or RS 500 1/2.

Comment

Spring 2016 Reset

Bumping this up for the Spring 2016 reset...

One of the Walmart stores has a 24 foot cars/toys section:

2 pegs each for Silver Series, Carbon Racers, Hydro Wheels, and Toons... 4 pegs for 2 packs... 8 pegs for singles... shelf space for Deluxe, Planes, Color Changers, Toon 3 pack, Haulers, and a few other items.

Here's another Walmart store... looks like similar items but the Color Changers have pegs and I see Planes singles and Deluxe:

A few Walmart stores have gotten special displays:

The bad news is the displays I've seen have loads of old 2015 stock - one store had the first 2015 case, another had the case with Ryan Shields and Road Repair McQueen, and another one had an all repack case... I've only seen 1 case of 2016 singles at 1 of 10 Walmart stores I've been to... there's going to be no reason to shop at many of the Walmart stores within 100 miles of my house.

Meijer has moved Cars even further down the aisle:

They now have added pegs for Carbon Racers and Ice Racers at the local Meijer... however, I'm not optimistic that we're going to see new stock... I've only seen the 5 Carbon Racer singles at US stores and the 4 pack with Rip at Target... and I have all the Ice Racer singles as well as Francesco in a 4 pack... Meijer typically is late to the Cars party and this is no exception.

I believe this is for the Rescue Squad Mater Spray item - since Ryker didn't sell, even at $9.99 on clearance I don't think this will either.

And they're also going to carry the Color Changer Frank item:

The local Meijer is smaller than most Meijer stores... I'll check a larger store this coming week, weather permitting... but I'm not optimistic I'll find new Cars I want to collect.

How are the resets coming at your stores? I'll check a Target and a Toys R US later this week... speaking of Toys R US, one of our Texas members posted finding the Precision Series Fillmore's Taste-In at a TRU in southeast Texas on the PCD Facebook page.

Looking forward to hearing about your store resets.

Comment

my target finished their rest a while back and there are no deluxe cars and all planes are gone

none of my walmarts have reset the cars section yet

Comment

I had one question everyone and it somewhat has to do with this. Does anyone know when most stores get their cars shipment or at least the best day to go so that the pegs are full?

Comment

Originally posted by DraculaMater123 View Post
                  I had one question everyone and it somewhat has to do with this. Does anyone know when most stores get their cars shipment or at least the best day to go so that the pegs are full?
                  I really can't offer much advice... our stores get new stock rarely... it used to be that Target stores would put out toy pallets on Fridays... you can check Target inventory at brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker - you need to know the DPCI number... in my experience today it tends to be on a store by store basis... but I only have 1 Walmart, 1 Meijer, and 1 Kmart in our town... no Toys R US or Target... when I go shopping out of town I like to get an early start to the day.

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    I really can't offer much advice... our stores get new stock rarely... it used to be that Target stores would put out toy pallets on Fridays... you can check Target inventory at brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker - you need to know the DPCI number... in my experience today it tends to be on a store by store basis... but I only have 1 Walmart, 1 Meijer, and 1 Kmart in our town... no Toys R US or Target... when I go shopping out of town I like to get an early start to the day.
                    walmart gets one or more trucks everynight so cars could show up on any day

they stock overnight so 7am when stocking is complete is your best chance to find new cars

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                      Ok thank u

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                        walmart gets one or more trucks everynight so cars could show up on any day

they stock overnight so 7am when stocking is complete is your best chance to find new cars
                        thank u also.

Comment

Working...
                        X