Pit Crews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Crews

I know last night I posted asking for a list of race cars. Does anyone know if there is crews and crew chiefs for all the cars? Or is there only been a few released? Is there somewhere where I can find this information because I couldn't find them by simply searching.

Like these
    715nLyoUeuL._SX522_.jpg

The crew sets like that (chief, three pittys, tool box and tires) included:
    Dinoco
    htB
    Leak Less
    Octane Gain
    Nitroade
    Bumber $ave

Then there were the 3-packs (chief, racer and pitty):
    No Stall
    Leak Less
    Shiny Wax
    Sparemint

I think thats all of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
      The crew sets like that (chief, three pittys, tool box and tires) included:
      Dinoco
      htB
      Leak Less
      Octane Gain
      Nitroade
      Bumber $ave

Then there were the 3-packs (chief, racer and pitty):
      No Stall
      Leak Less
      Shiny Wax
      Sparemint

I think thats all of 'em.
      I'm actually about to have a full collection of nitroade. I have the car, the hauler, and I just ordered the pit crew. I'd love one for every racer but appears it isn't possible. It's a really cool collection to have even though they are children's toys. haha. Still love them. 9 years ago when Cars came out I was only 13.

Comment

It's a great franchise for many reasons. Obviously Cars(1) has a great moral story. And the diecasts are a unique hybrid of diecast cars & action figures. with many different collectible categories. And there's a new batch of toddlers watching the DVD\Blu-ray every day. So there's always going to be a fan base.

You're not alone in the disappointment of Mattel leaving a sub-line dangling. There's a great many examples; rubber tire racers, metallic racers, haulers, toons, pit crews... And so on.

Here you can make your own pit box ("war wagon" in NASCAR terminology) for your Nitroade chief:
        http://www.nhlpatches.info/cars.htm
        There's links at the bottom of the page for the concrete curb that goes in front of the box.

Welcome to PCD BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by GotFrank View Post
          It's a great franchise for many reasons. Obviously Cars(1) has a great moral story. And the diecasts are a unique hybrid of diecast cars & action figures. with many different collectible categories. And there's a new batch of toddlers watching the DVD\Blu-ray every day. So there's always going to be a fan base.

You're not alone in the disappointment of Mattel leaving a sub-line dangling. There's a great many examples; rubber tire racers, metallic racers, haulers, toons, pit crews... And so on.

Here you can make your own pit box ("war wagon" in NASCAR terminology) for your Nitroade chief:
          http://www.nhlpatches.info/cars.htm
          There's links at the bottom of the page for the concrete curb that goes in front of the box.

Welcome to PCD BTW.
          I've been a huge fan since day one. I remember seeing the movie at 12 years of age. Now here I am almost 10 years later and I still love the movies. One of my greatest accomplishments as a father is my son loves this series too. We're both very excited for the new movie even though it's a while off still. He somewhat collects the cars too, but I'm more into it than him, and for one I have the money to collect. My wife doesn't understand how a grown man can like that series so much. I'm sure she never will. I could be an alcoholic abusive drunk but my wife thinks its odd I collect cars with little faces on them. lmao. But she doesn't care as long as I'm happy.

I will have to print off that pit box. Whats the best thing to attach one of those to? A cut 2x4?

Comment

Mattel released part of the Piston Cup racer teams, but unfortunately, not all of them.

19 Pit Crew Race-off launchers

Team Crew Sets with Crew Chief and pittys
            Team sets with Hauler, Racer, and a pitty.

A few crew chiefs were released as singles, or in the case of Spare Mint and Shiny Wax, Easter Eggs.
            A few pittys have been released as singles, including Vitoline, Nitroade, Trunk Fresh, Leakless, Octane Gain and more.

Some pittys were released in 2 packs with racer or crew chief, or as GotFrank mentioned as part of a 3 pack - although I didn't think it made much sense for a 3 pack of Mater and 2 HTB pittys... I don't have high hopes that we'll see additional ones that at one time were on eBay or in Collector Guides (Mood Springs Pitty) or on the Target website (Easy Idle and N2O Cola team crew sets)... or haulers... anyway...

I've made a few pit boxes from the templates GotFrank provided... I bought some balsa wood at Hobby Lobby and put that at the top to help support the weight of the crew chief... at one time I was going to assemble them all... but I only see 10 of them in display cases... I'm sure the other ones (I printed them all) are still in one of the boxes after we moved a year and a half ago... and I'll probably never see them again.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

The team sets with Hauler, Racer and Pitty are quite rare nowadays. They made Octane Gain, Nitroade, Bumper Save, McQueen, King, Chick, and Leak Less. The Octane Gain, Nitroade and Bumper Save sets contain exclusive pittys (the wide pittys in the crew chief set for these teams each are holding an air gun, but in the hauler sets the wide pittys do not have an air gun, making them exclusive). The Bumper Save set is most desirable because of the exclusive Bumper Save Hauler.

The French cars collectors forum has amassed a great photo database of all of the releases. I couldn't remember specifically which hauler sets were released, so I just checked here. http://bdd.worldofcars-forum.fr/

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                The team sets with Hauler, Racer and Pitty are quite rare nowadays. They made Octane Gain, Nitroade, Bumper Save, McQueen, King, Chick, and Leak Less. The Octane Gain, Nitroade and Bumper Save sets contain exclusive pittys (the wide pittys in the crew chief set for these teams each are holding an air gun, but in the hauler sets the wide pittys do not have an air gun, making them exclusive). The Bumper Save set is most desirable because of the exclusive Bumper Save Hauler.

The French cars collectors forum has amassed a great photo database of all of the releases. I couldn't remember specifically which hauler sets were released, so I just checked here. http://bdd.worldofcars-forum.fr/
                I got my Leak Less #52 pitty and his toolbox. I'm pretty excited. Just waiting on Ntiroade in the mail.

Comment

Working...
                X