Neon Racers - 2015 New Cardbacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neon Racers - 2015 New Cardbacks

The Neon Racers series has arrived on new 2015 cardbacks... they've been found in the US at Kmart... the cards look nice:

Nigel Gearsley and Lightning McQueen:

cardback:

Max Schnell and Lewis Hamilton:

Miguel Camino and Raoul Caroule:

cardbacks:

cardbacks:

They look nice... some people have mentioned that Miguel Camino looks brighter than the previous version... I'll have to look at my original versions.

I've also seen the 4 pack at Kmart for $23.99... they added a cheap plastic hanging clip to the back side of the box so they could hang it on a peg... the same 4 pack was $19.99 at Target... The only singles I've seen are the same ones that were $4.99 at Target - they are $5.99 at Kmart.

Unless the Cars are different, I'm not going to be buying Cars I already have... Shu is in the 4 pack and has been found as a single in Australia and I believe Europe as well in late 2014 or early 2015.

Notice how the back of the cards mention Transcontinental Race of Champions? But that term/abbreviation is not on the rear spoiler of the Cars.

If we'll see additional Neon Racers, I'm glad to see these return... if not... since they didn't sell at Target for $4.99 why would they sell at Kmart for $5.99?

Let us know if you find them at any other stores.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

I'm sure it will be too much to ask for but would be nice if they finished the line this time

Comment

Finish the line KMART and MATTEL, PLEASE!! Also, I found Ice Racers Rip and Carla yesterday ... they have the same TROC emblem on the back ... guess this might mean the back door pictures are legit?

Comment

this stuff all got reduced the last time out , so its strange that they are giving them a second go, you would think that the shops would have learnt their lesson first time around, clearly not

Comment

I like the look of these

I've not been around for a while, I'm guessing I should be able to find these in the UK??

Comment

Originally posted by dumbleweed View Post
            I like the look of these

I've not been around for a while, I'm guessing I should be able to find these in the UK??
            Can any of our UK members tell us if the first run of Neon Racers are still available in the UK? Had Mattel finished the line they would have sold more of them... collectors don't like starting that we can't finish.

Shu was a single overseas - I believe I got mine from Australia... it has only been available in the 4 pack so far in the US... I've opened a Neon Lightning McQueen and a Neon Frosty so far - that's it.

If you can't find them in the UK, dumbleweed, let me know and I can try to get them for you... I can't guarantee cardback quality as Kmart normally doesn't take pride in hanging them on the pegs or placing them on the shelves... they are $5.99 plus tax at Kmart... a few can still be found at Target but my nearest Target is 50 miles away.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
              Can any of our UK members tell us if the first run of Neon Racers are still available in the UK? Had Mattel finished the line they would have sold more of them... collectors don't like starting that we can't finish.

Shu was a single overseas - I believe I got mine from Australia... it has only been available in the 4 pack so far in the US... I've opened a Neon Lightning McQueen and a Neon Frosty so far - that's it.

If you can't find them in the UK, dumbleweed, let me know and I can try to get them for you... I can't guarantee cardback quality as Kmart normally doesn't take pride in hanging them on the pegs or placing them on the shelves... they are $5.99 plus tax at Kmart... a few can still be found at Target but my nearest Target is 50 miles away.
              I can also get most neons Dumbleweed if you want them from Australia! There are still some stores near me that have a few left. I have a Shu that you can have if needed too.

Comment

Thank you both, once I know where I'm at with the Piston Cup Cars I may be giving you both a nudge

Comment

Working...
                X