Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready or Not: Carnival Cup Racers (Wave 2: 9/1/16)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready or Not: Carnival Cup Racers (Wave 2: 9/1/16)

It looks like we may know more about the Carnival Cup Racers... maybe...

I was checking Target.com during lunch today... guess what I found... from the Target.com website:

A 4 pack with Jeff Gorvette, Lightning McQueen, Carla Veloso, and Raoul Caroule.

Listed DPCI number is 087-07-2537.

This is in the Target inventory system - but it is showing up in quantity 0 - according to Brickseek.

The canceled 4 packs (087-07-1978) are showing up on the Target website again even though the Brickseek quantity is 0.

I'm not sure I understand the logic... a 4 pack with 3 repeats and 1 new Car isn't selling so Target cancels the product line... so let's try to be first with a new series that has 4 repaints in a 4 pack and zero new Cars...

Target was first to carry Neon Racers... which are now available to other stores.
    Target was first to carry Ice Racers... which are now carried by other stores.

Now it looks like they may carry the Carnival Cup Racers... I'll believe it when I see it... but I'm not going to be buying a 4 pack with 4 repaints and no new Cars... I won't even put it on my Birthday and Christmas list.

Will you?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

carnival cup? what is this, I suppose its the same as ice racers and neon!!!

Comment

No, will not buy. Although if there is Frosty available I will add to collection. That's the same for Carbon and whatever other transcontinental cup serie they come up with.

Anatomical illustrations by Jake Parker

Comment

I'll take a Raoul...they can come out with as many Raoul repaints as they want lol

I should probably change my signature for a raoul lol

Transformers for Trade
        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Here's a Carnival Cup Shu Todoroki (loose):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Disne...kAAOSwbdpWVUoT

I like how this Shu looks.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            Here's a Carnival Cup Shu Todoroki (loose):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mattel-Disne...kAAOSwbdpWVUoT

I like how this Shu looks.
            He looks very nice! As many times I said.. I won't get these.. in the end, I'll end up buying them. I just wish they at least finish the Neon Racers... I will say these DO look BETTER than the Carbon Racers...

Comment

I think I will buy them and keep them in the package until I know I'm not going to get an exclusive in a multipack like with Carbon Racers Rip. And I will only buy them because of my strongly founded conviction to have an entirely complete collection and my OCD about that has sold my soul to mattel

Comment

"Pass."

Comment

Buy 'em all!!! Besides, the cards are really cool looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigMOCats View Post
                    Buy 'em all!!! Besides, the cards are really cool looking!!
                    Looking at the cards gives me a huge headache... They are a horribly bright tie-dye look.

You can see pictures of the carded Carnival Cup Racers at the World of Cars French Forum - David Vincent is the administrator:

http://bdd.worldofcars-forum.fr/seri...16&header=cars

Comment

Posted today on TakeFiveADay... the Carnival Cup racers are an Only At Target item:

http://www.takefiveaday.com/2016/02/...racers-arrive/

I'm not surprised... looking back, Target was the first to carry Neon Racers and Ice Racers which are now clogging pegs at other stores in the US...

Singles shown in the picture at the TakeFiveADay link include Carla, Jeff, McQueen, Francesco, and Shu... that must make Raoul exclusive to the 4 pack, DeceptiCog72283.

I'm still not planning on buying these... and after a year, Target will move onto the next Cars 2 repaints and these will clog the pegs at other stores.

The Carnival Cup racers have been found by several of our UK members... let us know when you find them.

Comment

Yay and boo at the same time. I'll have to backdoor eBay him or buy the four pack and give the other three to my little guy. Although if they do show up in Canada eventually they will probably be all singles... Or at least i hope lol

Transformers for Trade
                        Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Update: BigMOCats has found the Carnival Cup singles at a St Louis Target today, 2/15/16... DPCI is 087-07-3032... Thank you for letting me use your picture, Scott!

Comment

All 11 race cars have been released over 2 series this year:

Carbon: McQueen, Max, Raoul, Miguel, Lewis, Nigel, Rip
                            Carnival: McQueen (Repeat), Carla, Shu, Jeff, Francsco

just a coincidence?

Comment

So much for sticking to my "I'm not going to buy these" plan on the Carnival Cup racers...

I used the Target in store scanner to confirm that they were in stock at 2 stores and bought them... I'll open these... I'm not going to buy a second set to remain carded unless they go on sale or clearance.

By the way, jestrjef tried to buy these at his local Target and was told they have a street release date of February 28, 2016... so if your store doesn't have them yet or won't bring them out you just have to wait another 11 days.

Will you be buying the Carnival Cup racers?

Comment

Working...
                              X