2015 Year End Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Year End Review

As we reach the end of the 2015 calendar year, we'd like to hear from you about your favorite Cars and Planes officially released by Mattel during the 2015 Mattel year...

Series:

Single:

Deluxe:

RV:

2 pack:

Boxed set:

Promo Car:

Super Chase:

Toon:

Favorite Planes Character:

Most pleasant surprise:

Biggest disappointments:

Let us know.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Here are my choices:

Series: Airport Adventure... 5 of the 6 Cars were new... some like Ucchi, were totally different than anything released so far.

Single: Greg Candyman (Tach O Mint) - this was the last Piston Cup racer (other than the Apple Car) to be released with plastic tires outside of the Speedway of the South set... Close behind was the release of Kevin Racingtire (Shifty Drug) in the correct pink color.

Deluxe: Doug RM

RV: Doug RM

2 pack: Lost in the Desert Mini and Van

Boxed set: To Protect and Serve 3 pack

Promo Car: It's close between the Albert Hinkey and the Ice Racer Frosty 2015 Target Australia special... I'll go with Albert Hinkey.

Super Chase: Circus Pickup - I saw 3 of the 5 Circus Cars in retail stores this year.

Toon: Stanley Days Fillmore - I liked how it looked with the canvas and the jugs.

Favorite Planes Character: tie between Harvey and Winnie

Most pleasant surprises:
    Release of Kevin Racingtire (Shifty Drug) in the correct pink color
    Albert Hinkey
    Mattel finishes the Ice Racers series
    brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker
    I actually found 3 of the 5 Super Chase Cars in stores... Prior to 2015 I'd only found 1 Super Chase Car one time - a Long Ge at Big Lots.

Biggest disappointments:
    Target cancels the 4 pack and 7 pack boxed sets.
    Walmart cancels the Vitaminamulch boxed set
    Case distribution and assortments continue to be a problem.
    Amazon packaging is not good for carded Cars and Planes collectors
    Retail stores still don't know how to order product.
    Other than the To Protect and Serve 3 pack, Bucky, and Stanley Days Fillmore and Sarge, Mattel did not release new Toons characters

My retailer of the year is GetMeCollectibles.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

As we reach the end of the 2015 calendar year, we'd like to hear from you about your favorite Cars and Planes officially released by Mattel during the 2015 Mattel year...

Series: Super Chase

Single: Circus Sedan

Deluxe: Larry Camper

RV: Albert Hinkey

2 pack: Lost In Desert Minny and Van

Boxed set: The set with Bruce Boxmann

Promo Car: Albert Hinkey

Super Chase: Rimso (Circus Pickup)

Toon: Stanley Days Fillmore

Favorite Planes Character: Harvey

Most pleasant surprise: Actually all released unlike some previous years. Almost having all of them except Brett, BS Pitty, and Mike Fuse

Biggest disappointments: Still far away from all cancelled cars like Bertha Butterswagon, Bennie Caliper, and Percy Hanbrackes have been released.
      Last edited by COOLection TV; 12-08-2015, 10:18 PM.
      Check out my YouTube channel, COOLection TV! https://www.youtube.com/COOLectionTV

Comment

Here are mine...

Series: Ye left turn in

Single: Paul Oilkley

Deluxe: Doug RM

2 pack: Rip and Brian

Boxed set: Protect and Serve

Promo Car: Albert Hinkey

Super Chase: Circus Semi

Toon: Kabuto Ninja

Favorite Planes Character: Linus Lines

Most pleasant surprise: Great year with lots of new Cars as well as re-releases. Colour Changers are back, deluxe is full of nice models and the Precession series looks a great new line.

Biggest disappointments: More repaints of the WGP Racers. I liked the Neon and Silver series but to add on more and more, like the Carbon Racers, Ice Racers and Party Racers it's all a bit too repetitive for me.

Thanks!

Comment

Series:Piston Cup

Single:airport pitties

Deluxe: Taia

2 pack: Mia & Tia

Boxed set: Protect and Serve 3 pack (almost forgot about that one. 3 "new" Cars!)

Promo Car:Target LMQ on clearance

Super Chase: Circus Forklift and GT

Toon: Kabuto Ninja

Favorite Planes Character: Tractor Buck

Most pleasant surprise: Albert Hinkey

Biggest disappointments:That Albert Hinkey was a D23 exclusive
          Last edited by bobbyjack; 12-09-2015, 01:49 PM.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
          http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Series:
            Ye Left Turn Inn

Single:
            Paul Oilkley

Deluxe:
            Ucchi

RV:
            Doug RM

2 pack:
            Lost In The Desert Mini and Lost In The Desert Van

Boxed set:
            To Protect And Serve 3-Pack

Promo Car:
            Albert Hinkey

Super Chase:
            Circus Pickup

Toon:
            Mike 07

Favorite Planes Character:
            Harvey

Most pleasant surprise:
            Albert Hinkey

Biggest disappointments:
            Size Of Albert Hinkey
            Lack of Cases in the UK at the start of the year

Comment

We didn't get nearly as much feedback on this topic as I thought we would... so I'll bump it up again and ask a few different questions... Many members are still waiting to find 2016 Cars in stores... as we are now 3 and 1/2 months through the Mattel 2016 year, it seems to me that distribution is running even more slowly this year than it has in previous years.

From the 2015 poster, here are my favorite Cars of the the year in the various series:

World Grand Prix: Brian Gearlooski - no surprise here... this was the only new Car.
              Piston Cup: Doug RM... Larry Camper was my 2nd favorite.
              Radiator Springs: Lost in the Desert Mini and Van - My favorite 2 pack comes in first here... the only other new Car in this series was Road Repair McQueen.
              Ye Left Turn Inn: Tie between Brett Warnewagen and Paul Oilkley... same model vehicle only different colors.
              Airport Adventure: Ucchi
              95 Pit Crew: Fabulous Doc Hudson with stand - without the stand I probably don't have a favorite in this series
              Race Fans: Christina Wheeland... I like blue Cars.
              Tokyo Party: Mater with Allinol cans
              Palace Chaos: Scott Motorse... I know Manny Roadriguez is blue, but I liked the Scott Motorse body style a little better

If I didn't mention a series I didn't have a favorite in the series.

Super Chase: Circus Sedan... one of the 2 Super Chase Cars I did not find in a store this year (the other one I didn't find was the Forklift/GT single).

Comment

I'm new to the community (Hello!), and new to collecting.

In 2015 I got the Pizza Planet truck and the Precision Series Flo's V8 Cafe.

In 2016 I'm looking forward to more Precision buildings and adding a few more vehicles to my collection (I currently have four cars).
                I reject your reality and substitute it for my own. - Adam Savage

Comment

Working...
                X