It's Official: Mattel will be making the Cars for Cars 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official: Mattel will be making the Cars for Cars 3

Thanks to Met at TakeFiveADay for the post... Mattel and Disney Consumer Products have announced a renewed agreement for the Disney Pixar Cars franchise... here's a link to the official Mattel site:

http://news.mattel.com/news/mattel-a...cars-franchise

The agreement gives Mattel continued worldwide rights to manufacture, market and distribute toys and products based on the award-winning Cars franchise across multiple categories, including vehicles and playsets... over 300 million diecasts have been sold since the products launched in 2006... My wife would say half of those have ended up in my Cars room but she's exaggerating.

What are your thoughts on this announcement? I'd like to see better case assortments and distribution but am not going to hold my breath.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Happy to hear this, there are a few problems from time to time but i think that Mattel have done a great job for the last 10 years and will continue to do so.

Comment

same old , same old,
      dont have any faith in mattel to do anything right or more importantly sensible
      mind you, I may agree with your wife Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by boogity View Post
        same old , same old,
        dont have any faith in mattel to do anything right or more importantly sensible
        mind you, I may agree with your wife Chris!

We've only been collecting for four years (it does seem longer). In that time, we've experienced some highs and some lows. We nearly stopped collecting as a result.

As we've seen over the years, Mattel have learned from past mistakes. They've improved the case assortments considerably since the dark days of Cars 2 (particularly in 2012).

The toy (collecting) market is incredibly unpredictable not to mention highly competitive. Something that is fashionable can easily stop being fashionable. In the old days there was just Corgi, Matchbox etc. Then Star Wars came along and merchandise in a big way was born. Now there are so many blockbuster film-led merchandise ranges and collectables. Cars, Cars 2 and beyond largely coincided with an economic downturn, so collecting took a hit for a few years. This must've been a huge challenge for companies like Mattel, Hasbro and Corgi? How do you try and get people to shell out their hard-earned money, when they've had year-on-year pay freezes and the bills keep going up?

Thankfully, the UK is on a much stronger financial footing for many a year. Toys are just flying off the shelves, certainly last Christmas must've been the best one for at least seven years!?

Mattel has come in for criticism for inconsistent distribution. Some of it is justified, however, the retailers should also share the blame. Indeed, they should take the lions share. When all your local supermarkets have run out of semi-skimmed milk (on a regular basis) but have loads of full cream and skimmed milk left, what chance is there for them to judge their toy demand and making the right amount of orders?

If I was being really cynical, I'd say better the devil you know ...

Comment

Nothing good comes easy.

Comment

Makes me happy to see. I'm more than ready for Cars 3 to come out. My son will be 2, but I may try to take him with me.

I can't wait to get him into my collection with me for the cars franchise. I don't care if they're never worth anything, it's my favorite thing to collect.

Comment

cant wait to see them come out,i just want these supers and chase to stop. pain in the side.i hope they have more new cars in the cases. maybe half the case.

Comment

Working...
              X