Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Gearsdale release?

Cars Andy Gearsdale M925.jpg

Hello everyone. I finally have internet capabilities over here on my deployment to South Korea. I miss the USA greatly! A long time back I heard Andy Gearsdale was not an official release. He appears to be a M925 military truck and is from the Maters Tall Tales. I have found many listings on eBay. Are these legitimate or fakes? Thanks everyone and I hope to get answers!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151950935982...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Andy is actually from Cars 2 during the scene where the Lemons are captured in London. Although there is a very similar truck to Andy in Unidentified Flying Mater, it has several decals that Andy doesn't. The listings you see on Ebay are techincally fakes, but I prefer to call them factory customs, as that's what they are...customs made by the factory workers. From what I've heard, the workers got ahold of a mold and started producing all the Andys you see on Ebay. I personally bought one and I'm very happy with the quality, but definitely not a Mattel release. You can watch this video for more information and visuals: http://youtu.be/G3ufe9gtqew
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
      Andy is actually from Cars 2 during the scene where the Lemons are captured in London. Although there is a very similar truck to Andy in Unidentified Flying Mater, it has several decals that Andy doesn't. The listings you see on Ebay are techincally fakes, but I prefer to call them factory customs, as that's what they are...customs made by the factory workers. From what I've heard, the workers got ahold of a mold and started producing all the Andys you see on Ebay. I personally bought one and I'm very happy with the quality, but definitely not a Mattel release. You can watch this video for more information and visuals: http://youtu.be/G3ufe9gtqew
      Its a little disappointing its a fake, but I ordered one. I have most of the army cars cars because I think they're cool. As a soldier, they're nice to add into my collection. So far my favorite is CPL Kim. I drove a M1097A2 just like him, except mine was tan. Now I'm deployed and drive a uparmored cargo truck.

Comment

Originally posted by brownsfan1092 View Post
        Its a little disappointing its a fake, but I ordered one. I have most of the army cars cars because I think they're cool. As a soldier, they're nice to add into my collection. So far my favorite is CPL Kim. I drove a M1097A2 just like him, except mine was tan. Now I'm deployed and drive a uparmored cargo truck.
        Thank you for your service to our country, brownsfan1092.

I do hope that we will be seeing unreleased Toons and Cars in the coming months (or years).

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I hope so too. I'll be in Seoul this weekend and I'm going to see if I can find any at the stores down there.

I got my Andy Gearsdale. Impressed. I love it.

Comment

Working...
          X