PCD website problems and announcements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCD website problems and announcements

FYI... I came home from my bowling league an hour ago and tried to bring up the website on my phone... I received a database error... I tried my home desktop PC and it did the same thing.

I opened a ticket with our hosting company around 10 pm tonight (Eastern time)... around 10:25 pm PCD was back up.

I'm not sure what caused the database error, but we're back up and running.

If the website goes down I do notify members on the PCD Facebook Group.

We'll keep you posted.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

CTT has been down since this afternoon... Probably unrelated.

Comment

2 unrelated incidents... but 2 incidents that impacted several people who collect Cars... however, I ran a TraceRT and determined that a link out of Chicago (hosted by Area4) was down and still is this morning.

The company hosting PCD needed to do something on a server.

Thanks for letting us know, GotFrank.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Possibly storm damage from the front the came through here. we had 5 confirmed tornadoes in the area. An EF 2 touched down 5.5 miles from my house.

Comment

The database error happened again today - this makes 3 times in the last week... technical support has us back up for now... not sure what a long range fix is going to be...

Comment

Combating spam

Thanks to RCcars5 for the heads up... it turns out that some new "members" have been posting external links (spam) as visitor messages on PCD profiles... I've banned 2 "members"... but their spam visitor messages remain until we delete them and it appears that with vBulletin 4.2.3 we cannot automatically delete them when we ban the member.

In an effort to combat this, there are a few procedures we are going to or have implemented:

1. Visitor messages are now limited to 10 characters... that is going to make it tough to put in a complete website address going forward.
            2. I have changed another setting to require new visitor messages to require moderation - that means a moderator needs to approve them.

I may clean up the community list (member list) and delete accounts of people who have joined and have 0 posts...

And while I'm searching for a method of removing these spam visitor messages in batch, we may have to go through the list one member at a time and manually do the work.

Chris

Comment

Hate spammers! Trolls and ejits.... lurkers are ok but please don't ruin are threads with your nonsense...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X