March 2016: The Return of the Glue Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March 2016: The Return of the Glue Problem

Those of you who have been collecting Cars for years may remember that Mattel had a problem with the glue holding the blister to the cardback during the World of Cars series... Mattel included little tape circles around the edges of the blister to hold it to the cardboard.

It look like we have a problem once again with the glue... I received this Artist Ramone from an eBay purchase a few weeks ago - completely separated from the cardboard.

And look at this Heather/Michelle Movie Moments... a huge piece of tape runs around the top of the blister and goes onto the back of the card on both sides:
    Front:

Back:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

It seems to be effecting Planes and Hotwheels too.

Comment

Matchbox is suffering this too. I bought my son a matchbox car and its plastic was falling off. It's no surprise since they're all mattel products.

Comment

Not gonna lie. i laughed a little at the "thousands of dogs and 3 people sickened by jerky pet treats" because of the people.

Comment

The glue situation is worse than we thought... actually, there seems to be a tape epidemic... the local Walmart got in a new sidekick with case D singles... my local HW buddy bought me 5 singles... only the Galloping Gear Grinder did not have tape holding the blister in place along the top and bottom and both sides of the blister.

Here are more pictures of the Artist Ramone that I purchased back in February:

It's almost like the glue holding the blister to the cardback just vanished.

Brake Boyd:

Stefan Gremsky:

You can see the tape all around the blister.

back of Stefan Gremsky:

Sedanya Oskanian:

back of Sedanya:

Justin Partson:

Back of Justin:

I get that these are toys... I collect what I like... I open some for display... I open a few for play as on occasion my grandchildren will ask to play with Cars or Planes when they come to visit... but as far as buying Cars to keep carded, what's the point in buying extras that contain tape that detracts from the work of art that is the cardback.

I won't be spending as much money on Cars while there is a glue and tape problem.

Will you?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I very rarely get one to keep carded. Primarily I really just want one to open and display. But I do feel the pain of others. Some are true cardboard collectors. Some are buy two, one to open one to store away. And still yet others who have a mix of opened and carded. But shoddy quality is just that. And Mattel should feel obligated to grease the squeaky wheel! The Cars brand has made billions of dollars. And deserves due attention to quality. For the sake of it's future earnings. That's my two cents.

Comment

It seems the tape problem has arrived down under on international card backs too[emoji35][emoji1304]

Comment

Sorry to see that the tape/glue problem has impacted International carded Cars, Homercleez.

I don't think I'm the only one buying fewer Cars due to the tape/glue problem based on what I've seen in Indiana and Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                X