Super Chase 2016

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Chase 2016

The first Super Chase for 2016 is Deluxe Bud (shown in this picture along with 3 other Cars/Planes):

The second one is Mater with duct tape:

While I don't find this as exciting as Bud, I know me, and I'll get 2 of them... one to open, and 1 to keep carded... although looking at the picture it looks like the carded Super Chase Mater with duct tape contains tape holding the blister to the card.

Here's a link on Amazon: currently unavailable.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016IHDH12

What are your thoughts on the currently announced Super Chase Cars for 2016?

I'll add more photos of Bud one of these days.

And maybe I'll buy a roll of duct tape and make my own custom Duct Tape Cars... and I probably have enough extras that I can make my own custom electrical tape Cars... adhesive tape Cars... and... you get the idea.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

From Bud to this... I'd say they lowered the bar. If they hadn't removed the bar completely.

Comment

Neither are too exciting. A camper and yet another mater.

Then again most of the super chase have not been too exciting. The circus cars annoyed me.

Comment

Bud for me is a must but will never be 😠....👎 (Mattel UK suck)... mater, well I've plenty of spares and a spare bit of duct tape too, easy peasy job done.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

mattel have plunged to new depths with this stupid mater

Comment

this by far top 3 for worst super ever, u would think they could give us a new new car but no , one more mater.smh

Comment

Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
              Bud for me is a must but will never be ��....�� (Mattel UK suck)... mater, well I've plenty of spares and a spare bit of duct tape too, easy peasy job done.

It's all about demand. In the US, there are around 15,000 of each case. In the UK, there has been a recent reduction from 2,000 to 1,800 (2015) and down to 1,500 (2016) of each case.

As there are 4,000 super chases, that means just 400 (proportionately) for the UK. The UK shares international cases with Europe (and may other parts of the world) so technically there could be an international carded super chase. That breaks the 4,000 rule and we are now in the hands of the lawyers unless there was an amended statement on the cardback? Why now just scrap the super chase programme and either return to regular chases or just get rid of the whole chase fiasco altogether!? Some of the regular cars are just as rare!

Jumpstart J. Ward! Just 50-100 in the UK! Now that's rare!

Comment

Yes nigel... I'll 2nd that But there is demand, why have twin cases minus the one car that will most certainly absorb into the market, Mattel have no one to blame but themselves. Their cases have dwindled so much because whilst all the rest of the buyer's are out doing their job, our lot are twiddling there thumbs drinking tea. So in turn the retailer has said no more... to little to late.
                #NOMORESUPERCHASE!!!
                I found a Mexican site the other day that's selling these "superchase" by the case load for extortionate prices. So looks like I found what happened to ours.

Comment

Yes nigel... I'll 2nd that But there is demand, why have twin cases minus the one car that will most certainly absorb into the market, Mattel have no one to blame but themselves. Their cases have dwindled so much because whilst all the rest of the buyer's are out doing their job, our lot are twiddling there thumbs drinking tea. So in turn the retailer has said no more... to little to late.
                  #NOMORESUPERCHASE!!!
                  I found a Mexican site the other day that's selling these "superchase" by the case load for extortionate prices. So looks like I found what happened to ours.

OMG when did you resurface sir Ru5ty???
                  Welcome back!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Jim... it appears that I've caught the bug again, in my time off I've been collecting everything else bar cars. Anything bright cheery and colorful seems to be the order. Though my three year old found the stash and here I am... so its catchup time... It's good Mattel UK have finally caught onto twin the cases with the us but no chase! Big upset for me as those super/chases are so cool and desperately needed to complete some themes and the reseller market is just a joke...personally I rekon the UK /Euro branch has sold all their super/chases to the highest bidder to compensate for their loss in profits...it's a big conspiracy man! Lol but apart from all that chum, I'm sweet and doing great.

Comment

Thanks Jim... it appears that I've caught the bug again, in my time off I've been collecting everything else bar cars. Anything bright cheery and colorful seems to be the order. Though my three year old found the stash and here I am... so its catchup time... It's good Mattel UK have finally caught onto twin the cases with the us but no chase! Big upset for me as those super/chases are so cool and desperately needed to complete some themes and the reseller market is just a joke...personally I rekon the UK /Euro branch has sold all their super/chases to the highest bidder to compensate for their loss in profits...it's a big conspiracy man! Lol but apart from all that chum, I'm sweet and doing great.

Let me know if you need any help catching up...going through boxes now and gonna be doing a quite large sell off of extras including supers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

I received a super package from PCD Facebook member Amery Hershberger today... Super Chase Mater with Duct Tape - with bonus clear tape...

Front of the card:

You can see the tape holding the blister to the card.

Back of the card:

Duct tape:

While I've been buying multiples of Super Chase Cars to open one and keep one carded, I may not be buying as many of Super Chase Mater with duct tape - the clear tape on the card just doesn't look good.

Still, I'm glad to add this to my collection... Amery did a great job packing the Car to protect it while it traveled through the USPS mail system.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                          I received a super package from PCD Facebook member Amery Hershberger today... Super Chase Mater with Duct Tape - with bonus clear tape...

Front of the card:

You can see the tape holding the blister to the card.

Back of the card:

Duct tape:

While I've been buying multiples of Super Chase Cars to open one and keep one carded, I may not be buying as many of Super Chase Mater with duct tape - the clear tape on the card just doesn't look good.

Still, I'm glad to add this to my collection... Amery did a great job packing the Car to protect it while it traveled through the USPS mail system.
                          And is Tapatalk letting me add pictures? Image1462934997.098219.jpg

It looks like it.

Comment

Working...
                          X